Monday, October 01, 2007

Y returns - Jobs done - Bungus visited

Just the one picture tonight, due to suffering a bit, tiredness etc. But I wanted to show you an example from my new mobile 'phone.

With CarPhone Warehouses help I can now transfer pictures from phone to computer but I still haven't sussed the intricacies of 'sending' as part of text messages. They were very helpful but I might need another tutorial.

This rather 'Dickensian' scene is outside the Solicitor's to whom I delivered the completed forms she had requested. OK, it's going a bit blurry at the far edge but from something which altogether is smaller than a box of Swan matches........... I rest my case.

Y has returned with lots of super photos AND VIDEOS on hers. She is comfortably in the lead with the videos - I haven't tried that yet. But it was great to see Ruby and Elli's new bunk beds, and them playing - somewhat vigorously !

But the main reason for my brevity is that I have just returned from visiting Bungus in Hospital. He has bowel-cancer and doesn't feel there should be anything of a secret about it. They have removed the offending bit I think, and after several days of mixed moods and hallucinations, he now seems quite normal Bungus. One night he tried to persuade on the doctors to join him in buying Chelsea FC ! I certainly wasn't going to 'blog' any of that without his specific authority.

Picture 2 is a poem Jessica who is 12 wrote for her Grandad and Bungus quite rightly thinks it merits publication, at least in this modest outlet!

Our young people really do 'tell it like it is' don't they ? And it certainly needs no additional comments from me.

In this case readers, I am afraid you are going to have to left-click it to get an enlargement big enough to read.

I am pleased to report though that Bungus and Sandra both expect him to be home within a couple of days. It will be good to return to normal 'blogging' with lots of comment.

And now it is an early night all round. Y has returned tired but happy and has again been a 'really useful engine'. Tomorrow is 'nails day' followed by lunch at the Cheesecake Shop. Then Mansfield National Trust in the evening. The lecture title is 'London from The Monopoly Board'. Sound is if it should be fun.

Sleep tight and I'll catch you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Jessica's poem; as you say, the young tell it how it is!
I'm very sorry to hear that Bungus is ill and in hospital. I hope that he will soon be much improved and would you please give him my very best wishes.
I'm pleased to see that your house move is progressing well and I hope that everything will go through successfully. I saw the pictures of the house you're buying and it looks lovely. I've got my fingers crossed - it makes typing very difficult!