Sunday, October 07, 2007

Wollaton Lake - Bungus much better

I know I said I had finished the 'Wollaton Hall day out pictures' but I forgot I had this snap of the lake which looked particularly beautiful so, please forgive me.

A short blog tonight because I have been over to Mansfield to see Bungus in Hospital and am tired. I am pleased to report that he seemed cheerful, witty and much stronger. All his tubes and drips and things have been removed so he is able to mozy about the ward and look out the window and things. Also he is now able to eat and drink a little. He is definitely on the mend and thanks everyone for their good wishes etc. I took him some more 'blog pages' and have discovered that the easiest way to print is to copy/paste them into a Word document and print from there.

For lunch we had our Wild Boar sausages with mashed potato/swede, carrots, runner beans and onion sauce. Really tasty and followed by Xmas pudding and Brandy Sauce. An early start !

Nice chat to David and they had a good time at Goose Fair alth0ough they didn't go on too many rides. Brooke managed it to the top of the climbing wall, with encouragement from Sky. But very very good because they are scary. Hannah continues to churn out excellent blog posts and Grandma actually appended a comment today !

No quote. Hope to be back to normal though tomorrow. Goodnight everyone.


I had hoped to be clever and create a link to a video about Le Corbusier (from my Art Daily newspaper) but so far I have failed

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to here Bungus is doing better and wish him all the best from us

Steve,Hannah and Family

Anonymous said...

I left a long comment yesterday, but it hasn't come up - probably something I did or didn't do.

I thought it was a lovely photo, like a painting.

Wild Boar sausages - not tried those. We are not fond of those that have addes bits, like apple, apricot, tomatoes, etc. we like to add our own tracklements (what a great word). We did have venison ones once, not too keen. Mostly we stick to a good brand of pork, like Duchy of Cornwall.

So pleased to hear about Bungus, hope he gets home soon, that's the best place to recover. And Ralph will be missing him....

I will do a Bungus in his place and say that I think 'mozy' ought to be 'mosey'.......

Pan-fried Plaice for lunch, very nice too.....I follow Nigel Slater, just lemon juice and butter.