Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Still Hot - but Llamas in Brinsley?

I know the weather has been hot but I wasn't expecting Llamas to turn up in the field down the road. It will be 'a herd of Wildebeest' next, to borrow John Cleese's immortal line. I also didn't realise how nosy they are. When I pulled up at the gate they were maybe a hundred yards away but as I stood there they got progressively closer.

And then the subject of pictures 2 and 3 (presumably the dominant male) decided to come and see what I was up to. At picture 2 stage I thought "What a gentle creature" and then he just turned and spat at me (picture 3). So I left.

All this was before I went to collect Y from the Tram and go over to Burton Joyce for our further grandparent duties. The day has been incredibly hot, reaching around 34C at noon, and not, at that stage any breeze. when we arrived at Burton Joyce I hitched a lift on Steven's Wi-Fi broadband and my trusty laptop had no trouble at all. So, after a couple of emails, just to see if it worked (it did) 'cos I got replies, I sorted these pictures in Picasa and decided to make a start on my Blog. I do like to at least start a 'post' a day even though I might edit it in the early hours of the next day.

Y collected the children from School and people had cold drinks and things and then, early evening we took them to the Ferry Boat at the side of the Trent. They were at ease there and showed us where the tables near the children's play area was. The place is really geared-up for families, and they both had a super time on climbing-frames and slides etc., and enjoyed their meals, having worked up healthy appetites. The adult food was fine and we relaxed, as far as people of our age can in an environment of boisterous kids.

After our meals the kids played for another half hour or so and then we walked across the road and sat down and watched the boats and the swans. I took a few swan pictures but haven't downloaded them yet, so I don't know if they are any good. There was a gorgeous cool breeze near the river which, in itself, was well worth going for. Then back to Steve's and showers, bedtime stories, games etc., I can't remember in which order but I think showers were first. In anycase showers are Y's department, while I just messed around. I read a Thomas the Tank Engine story - which I'm good at..............

No comments: