Saturday, July 15, 2006

Another Scorcher - But pleasant


The pictures have no particular merit but appear so that 'blues' can be assessed.

The Lavender variety is Munstead. i.e. the common old-fashioned one which most gardens have.

The bee? Just because it was there and stood still long enough to have it's picture taken. Not easy, as they were working so busily. As soon as I had focussed on one it flew away.

Picture 3, the Lidl bag, is there solely to provide a 'blue' reference which most people know. In my opinion the blue is 'washed out' and not as deep as it should be. But my Casio wasn't £400 or £300 or even £200 and I've no intention of changing up-market in pursuit of precisely accurate colour rendition.

I keep making discoveries about it anyway - having just discovered a range of filters within its secrets, one of which is a 'blue' filter. So tomorrow I might have a go with that switched on, and cheat a little. Watch this space !


Y has gone down to Palmers Green till Tuesday, for the last time until September. And I've got a list of computer jobs to tackle (all voluntary) and nothing at all on my 'house moving' list. Seeing the little girls will take her mind off the failed house move anyway, which is a good thing. Before I took her to the Tram we had a proper Sunday dinner (I know it's Saturday but ....) Roast Chicken, stuffing, roast potatoes (Maris Piper! really crisp and golden brown on the outside, fluffy on the inside), plus veg. and all the trimmings. And even though it was a hot day we thoroughly enjoyed it. While we are on the subject of 'hot day', the temp. at the moment is 25C, Humidity 24% (that seems very low) and Comfort Index 41%. Maybe in 200 years time someone will read my Blog and think 'my word, that is interesting'. On the other hand, maybe not.

A few days ago in the pictures of Wimpole Hall, I published a shot of Y standing next to a large-leaved tree which we didn't know the name of. Jill identifies it as a Catalpa (Indian Bean Tree) and Bungus says it's a Mulberry (same family) which we could have 'gone around' if we had known. Good way of solving problems this Blog business.........

No comments: