Monday, July 10, 2006

House Sale Falls Through - Ah Lackaday!

I wanted an image which was sombre. Fading roses but with hope in the background - the new buds. Ah well. The agents rang first thing this morning to say that our 'purchasers' had withdrawn their offer. They didn't like the footpath at the side. The footpath obviously has been there all the time and I think the reason is that they thought the garden would be too much for them. When they first looked round they said "There is a lot of garden isn't there?"

When I rang Y in Palmers Green I said "I'm afraid I've got a bit of bad news". She says she was quite relieved when she found out what it was. Fearing for an instant that one of the children had been involved in an accident. And I think that is a very sensible view. What does a house matter? My Gran would have said "Worse things happen at sea". I waded through the list of people to notify and emailed people. David came this evening and has done a brilliant job in clearing stuff from the garage and we had a very useful talk about things which is always nice. I am sure you will all excuse the mini-blog, in the cirumstances.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only nasturtia or lilies could possibly have been more appropriate. A real downer and you have my full symapathy. The niggling thing to me would be 'Why has it taken them so long to come to this conclusion?' It's like leaving someone at the altar only less understandable.

Anonymous said...

Of course, I meant 'sympathy' not 'symapathy' which sounds like crocodile tears.