Friday, July 14, 2006

Gorgeous Day - But Rest Day?

Super day again. Lovely blue sky. Hot but nice breeze and not too Humid. Figures are as follows :- Temp.21C, Humidity 43%, Comfort Index 41%. The last two are suspiciously close aren't they?

Our Rest Day finished up abit active. Mrs. Radiogandy decided that "packed boxes to be unpacked - books back on shelves - winter clothes back up in loft - empty cardboard boxes to be collapsed and taken to the tip" and I'm sure she is right. It could be 3 months again, at least, before we move and we have got to live here in the interim. Vagabond that I am, I would have been prepared to live out of the boxes for as long as it took; well into 2007 if necessary and I accept that we do need our ladies to keep us from degenerating into the male equivalent of a bag-lady; Roget is back on the shelves so I suppose I could have discovered what thay should have been. I know there is an online Roget but I prefer the hard copy.

Let me explain the pictures. The comment was made that the artichoke yesterday was a particularly virulent blue. So here it is again, with the same flowerhead taken from further away. In the second picture a lavender bush appears in the background. The variety is old-fashioned Munstead and most people have a pretty sound idea as to what 'blue' that is. I think that the light obviously varies, and yesterday's shot was from very close.

There is no doubt that dusk is noticeably earlier. Joan's dictum of '20 minutes a week from the longest day' is quite sound. And the sun is setting much closer to the SW corner of the garage than it did. Ah well ! ........

No comments: