Thursday, June 01, 2006

Bob for Lunch - House offer In Writing


This the colour the irises should have looked yesterday and this morning I thought that, in the rain, the light might be better than strong sun, for the colour. And I think it is.

I know it's abit early again but I'm operating on my 'get pictures in sooner' principle because, post 9pm my 'patience has worn thin'. Don't you just lurve cliches. They have only become cliches because they are just right to express what people want to express. If one could always think of something original which was as powerful, one would be a well-published poet by now.

In MS Office 2003, and no doubt others, you can switch on a cliche-checker as well as a spell-checker. Well, I ask you !! He He! Yet another one rolls off my Blog-pen.

The title of today's post is maybe misleading as we didn't actually have Bob for lunch; Bob and I ate Broccoli and Stilton soup, part-baked rolls and a cheese board. I only point this out because Bungus can nit-pick a bit. As always, we had a super time and discussed loads of things. One thing he said which I must include, was how much he had enjoyed Madeline's comment and to encourage her to 'post' a few more. So, there you are M !

Tracy rang to see if I was OK and when I told her Bob was over for lunch she said "I'll let you get back to your boy's talk then" I assured her we weren't poring over girlie-magazines to which "Wouldn't bother me if you were" was her riposte. It was very sweet of her to ring - she likes to check that I'm OK when her Mum is away. I must remember to tell Yvonne this evening that an official-looking form arrived in the mail, from the Estate Agents confirming the 'Offer' in writing. Yet another inch forward. Long distance yet though; surveys, contracts, removals and on and on. But we shall get there; but we are both glad we are doing this at 70 and not 75. It is quite understandable that people think they just can't face it.

The computer seems to be particularly well behaved today but I have set up a syst.rest point via Ray's vbs method. It really is quick and easy, just a single click in effect, and it almost immediately told me that it had done the necessary and gave me a reference. Tomorrow I shall check out whether or not I can do a syst'rest because at the moment it keeps telling me that it was 'unable'. There is a thread about this very subject in WUforums so I will 'mark' it and if things are the same tomorrow, I'll work through it.

Going to end there. If I think of something else I can return. That is one of the easy bits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, after what Bob said, here I am again! I'm so pleased that your move's started er...moving. I love the photo of the irises, they're such graceful, elegant flowers. The description of your lunch with Bob has made me hungry, so I'm off to make myself a corned beef sandwich. Such culinary heights and delights!
Best wishes,
Madeline.