Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Palmers Green - Bad Computer Day

Please see * below.

I was hoping to open with a picture of some Iris Sibirica which I had grown from seed, flourishing in a particularly damp. almost boggy bit of garden. But the computer problems that have beset me all day seem determined to prevent me from opening the 'Add Image' Window.

So I have decided to carry on with text only and hope to insert the picture at a later time. I took Y to the tram, the start of her trip to London at around 9.30am and she rang around 1pm to say that she had arrived. When I got back home I decided to uninstall the Panicware Pop-up blocker because I was having so many problems with it. I had removed the google pop-up blocker from my google toolbar, and couldn't get it back, so had to reinstall google toolbar. I couldn't do system/restore to any date, it kept rejecting them and I tried 4. Anyway I've read up on the problem on WUforum and hope to be able to fix it. Just tried with the picture, again, but still no luck.

And Ray sent me a link to Adobe 7.0.8 and that proved problematic too. I think I'm going to call it a day and shutdown hoping that when I reboot, all will be well.

* Well, if you will pardon the expression, "Bogger me". I thought I would see what happens if I 'publish' then 'edit' and then 'Add Image' - and there it is. It would be sexist and wrong to accuse ladies of the occasional touch of 'temperament' but I feel justified in deciding that the programme is definitely 'Miss Blogger' rather than some boring old male. Neither the Camera nor Picasa have done justice to the subtle colours of the Irises which are a delicate pale mauve and maybe my little Casio doesn't go in for subtlety. The Erysium 'Bowles Mauve' and the 'Forget-me-Nots' (Yvonne's own 'scatter-around-every year' variety) are fine for colour.

Yvonne will be tired when she returns but she was really looking forward to seeing them. Elli has decided that crumpets are actually called 'trumpets' and I think I prefer it. Probably her greatest contribution has been that her "bottom had popped" - much more elegant than the vulgar expressions we are all used to. This morning, with friends round to play, there were five tots this morning. Debra subscribes to the view that more children playing is less demanding than two. And I think she is right. They entertain each other. Mind you, I think that more than 7 demolishes the theory.

I think now that a shower is called for then bed. As a result of all the computer-tension I am a little sweaty and have reached the stage when Yvonne describes my room as having the whiff of "the lair of the adult human male".

Bob is coming over tomorrow for lunch, and that will be fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 'Bowles Mauvement' was an unexpected treat but I failed to translate the Martian into English.

Sandra would agree that several children are usually easier to cope with than 1 or 2. And my mother was very much of the opinion that large families were less trouble than people suspected because the eldest girl always brought up the younger members.

Most surprised that you feel it necessary to bathe while Yvonne is away. Comb your hair if you must (or keep your hat on) but don't go daft.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to thank you for the efforts you've put in writing this website.
I am hoping to see the same high-grade blog posts by you
later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities
has motivated me to get my very own website now ;)

my site: list for spiderbox