Friday, June 02, 2006

Last night's Sunset - Clear Hot Day


The sunset yesterday evening promised a good day and so it has proved. I put the camera on it's sunset setting which ensures colour saturation and, I think, puts either a red or an indigo filter on. Apart from that. all I've done is crop to above the bungalows at the bottom of the garden and 'clone' out a TV aerial. Not really faked though. Probably the visually acute amongst my readers will be able to see where the TV aerial was. Maybe I ought to run it as a sort of 'spot the ball' competition.

The temperature outside is 19c and no wind, so it feels pretty warm. And it has been the clearest and bluest sky for some time. If it is like this in Palmers Green, Yvonne will have done some 'park time'. The Park is very close to Debra's, maybe 250 yards. and has the usual swings etc., and mature trees. Last year I found some mushrooms which I picked, to Ruby's disapproval, she considered it some sort of theft. But worse than that nobody would eat them! Ah well!.

I'll try to avoid 'banging on' about computer matters, as Bungus puts it. But I've still got problems with my syst/restore. Having printed off and worked through the WUforum stuff I've created a new restore point for today (again!) and I shall see tomorrow if I can restore to it. Steve has just rung for Alex's phone number. He wants to ring him to make some future arrangment and he is very pleased with what he has done already. Steve said "It isn't often that I look at a job and think 'that has been done better and quicker than I could have done it'. Praise indeed. Alex has been here today to finish off the manhole cover surround; we must remember to tell the new owners where it is because, at the moment it is covered in gravel for aesthetic reasons. Again, I won't go on about it but 'Miss Blogger' is in a bit of a mood. Picture uploaded OK but when I tried to 'publish' while I did something else I got the dreaded "This page cannot be found....." message. Not to worry it will sort itself out I'm sure. Likewise with my 'profile picture' which seems to be missing at the moment.

Springwatch was a bit boring last night and I've decided that I might give it a miss tonight. LOts of other things to do and reading to catch up on etc. I had a look at what is in The Culture Show tomorrow evening and even that seems less than rivetting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Striking pic. I'd say the aerial was almost exactly one third from right and I claim my free gift.

Did you eat the mushrooms? whatever the variety.

I am beginning to suspect that your laptop sometimes gets a bit fed up with being messed about and, therefore, impishly seeks revenge (not unlike the demon mailer pigeon attacks to which I have been subjected in the past). You must treat it more considerately and not be so demanding. I realise that such things cannot possibly happen in reality but I am convinced that they do. It is all against nature and probably causes global warming and shifts in the earth's crust, not to mention holes in the ozone layer that are resistant to darning. It's all to do with the 'Big Bang-On' syndrome, believe me. Now I am going to open another bottle.

Anonymous said...

Spot-on Bungus. Next time you visit I shall put a grape on the cheeseboard for you. But I bet if I hadn't mentioned the 'clone' you wouldn't have noticed.

You make a good point about my unnatural and excessive demands on the laptop. It does seem to perform better if I switch it off occasionally to let it recover. When we return from our Tenby holiday, and subject to house-moving requirements, I'm going to have more memory fitted which, I am assured, will ease the burden on the poor thing. Thanks for your comments - witty and germane as ever! Now there's a nice word.