Friday, June 09, 2006

Renishaw Hall again - Super weather


Just a little text is necessary, before clicking the 'insert image' button. The programme seems to prefer it and is not too much of a faff. Easier by far to do it that way than spend ages trying to achieve the same result by the 'proper' method. Anyway, the pictures. The first is the lake with that peculiar 'urn' in the middle. There is no way I could get down to the lake-side to look. And if I was foolish enough to try, there is no way I could get back up again! The object is convenient to focus the camera on. Picture 2 is Mrs Radiogandy relaxing under the laburnam-arch which is just now 'going off' - last week would have been better. But one can't live one's life in terms of laburnam-arches can one? Number 3 is a sort of garden-ornament for the wealthy - but, nevertheless, makes for an interesting picture. Much enhanced by plenty sun and attractive shadows.

In the end Joan decided not to come with us even though she has never actually been to Renishaw Hall and was much looking forward to going. She woke with a bad throat and was concerned lest, in the confines of the car, she passed it on. Her ankle was also playing up after last night's ramble. Ah well - these symptoms of aging (should it be 'ageing'? I'm never sure). We had a letter from the agents saying that our 'buyers' are keen to proceed to the 'contracts' stage. So much for the 'dropping out' prediction. I spoke to Debra on the phone yesterday afternoon - she always forgets that Thursday is Burton Joyce day and she couldn't speak to her Mum. She was impressed with the firm line we had taken with the agents, and entirely agreed with us. Debra does 'cross' pretty well too. Must be a gene.

On a lighter note, when I looked out of my bedroom window this morning, circa 4.50am, two pigeons were copulating on the TV aerial I can see (the one I 'cloned' out of a picture a few days ago). Talk about making life difficult for ones-self. I don't know if they are the two who used to do the same thing in Bungus's guttering in the morning and they are here on holiday. Probably just relatives.

Just a brief computer note. When I was having Blogger trouble I thought that Firefox might be to blame and I angrily uninstalled it. Via 'add/remove programmes' in Control Panel. I knew it had gone because it vanished from that list and the shortcut icon etc. vanished from my 'desktop'. A couple of days later, after I had discovered that the problems were 'blogger.com' problems, I relented and decided to reinstall Firefox. It downloaded and reinstalled without any problem and, lo and behold, there were all my preset tabs, bookmarks, settings, assorted toolbars et al. What I don't understand is "Where on earth had they been stored? While I hadn't got the programme on my machine? I do hope a reader can enlighten me. I went on WUforums to ask but maybe the right people weren't around at the time!

No cookery today. I didn't cook a thing. At Renishaw Hall I had a poached-salmon salad with hot new potatoes. It was delicious! Some readers will be thinking "salad? he must be sickening for something". Yvonne had chicken-pie which also was very good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures, you do have some beautiful places in your area and you obviously take full advantage of them. I like the bit about the pigeons, eat your heart out, David Attenborough!
Regarding Firefox, all your information, bookmarks etc, are stored in your Profile folder, so unless you delete that folder when you uninstall FF, it will still be when you reinstall it. See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder
Madeline.

Anonymous said...

3 nice photos, all composed to my particular liking although –
[there is always a ‘but’ which annoys Sandra intensely - ‘I enjoyed that.’ She says (meal or telly programme), ‘Yes, so did I, but . . .’ – }
I would try 10% chopped off the bottom of each!
The water photo was the only one that did not heve a little arrowed box appear to allow secondary enlargement – was that the only one cropped?
One week a photo of Eric, the next week one of ‘little urn’.

‘Aging’ or ‘ageing’? Optional according to my dictionary.

I did hear one of the randy wood pigeons say ‘Well, I’ll gutter . . .’ I thought it meant it was staying but there was possibly an implied ‘t’Brinsley’ (as in ’t’foot of ah stairs.’).

Re your reappearing settings, etc. I see two other possibilities – 1) nobody knows where they went, and 2) nobody much cares!

* I tried putting the inserted lines 2 and 3 in a different font (having failed to use bold, underline or italics). You will know if it worked.
It didn't!

Anonymous said...

IMPORTANT NOTICE
I have just entered World Cup Heaven which, even on my limited 4 available channels, means 3, sometimes 4 live matches each day for 15 days, a one day of rest (I nearly said sabbatical but that means 7 doesn’t it?) then 2 a day for 4 days, 2 days rest, then 2 a day for 2 days, 2 days rest, then one on each of 2 successive days. This means that the phone is likely to be unanswered (because Sandra will be out) between the hours of 13.30 and 22.00 until 6th July,

Anonymous said...

Thanks Madeline. Thanks Bungus. Re: pictures - all have been (in my opinion) cropped to where a good construction emerges in the finished item. We must agree to differ.

I have mentioned HTML tags in an email,
but their use would produce your desired result I think.