Friday, June 23, 2006

Rest Day - Nice Weather


Just leaving a few centimetres to the right of the image, so that readers are not 'off-put' by 'strag words' at the side of the pictures. It happens because 'Preview' doesn't often give an accurate portrayal, and what appears on my page isn't necessarily what appears on yours.

A more reliable way of ensuring a more attractive page would be to use one picture only, or to place them vertically instead of horizontally. But I want it to look as professional as possible so I shall continue to experiment. The picture above is probably our favourite rose - "Ballerina" and here you see about 2 thirds of the bush. She is far too mature to consider moving and it's just the wrong time of year. But she has been in flower for 10 days or so, and will continue giving of her best till late October. I know they are still in David Austin's catologue and, when we have moved. we will find room for another.

Ou Rest Day wasn't completely inactive. We needed to go to the Bank and to take a load of books to the Hospice Charity bookshop. And we managed to buy fewer than we took! But there was a John Betjeman collection I couldn't resist and Yvonne found a recent John Grisham which she doesn't think she's read. After that our customary Fish, Chips and Peas.

After watering the herbs and the house-plants and ringing Karen with instructions for next week I managed to turn on my lappy. I'd had the problem again of System/Restore not working so I ploughed through the WU stuff again and eventually cleared all my old points and created a new one. I shall see tomorrow if I can successfully restore to it. Then I downloaded several bbc radio programmes onto my computer and then transferred them all onto my Sanyo MP3. I followed RichieP's instructions to the letter (printed from WUforums) and it all came to pass smoothly. And I did remember about the 'safely remove' icon and I have checked by listening to the start of 'Start the Week' that they are actually working.

A brief Blog - but I think that is about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Puzzlement. However long you experiment, I think you will find it difficult to place one picture above or beside itself (which I nearly am). It is a bit like planting two sticks in the ground in a straight line.
Nice rose though – and better value than a peony.

See also Thursday comments.