Saturday, June 17, 2006

Long Eaton Carnival - Lovely Day

Just a little text to introduce the pictures. No.1 is the story of Sleeping Beauty (on the left is the spinning wheel. In the middle is the princess and, if you look really carefully you can see the speck of blood on her finger. Why she seems to have a moustache is anybody's guess; and on the right is the evil fairy). Picture No.2 is the artist Brooke (5yrs) and No.3 is her sister Sky playing us 'Merrily' on the recorder. I took lots of actual Carnival pictures but the above 3 were more important to me. Some of the rest I emailed back to David and the others are just safely on disc. David and Helen always make us so welcome and we had a super picnic-lunch out in the back garden. They know how to please Grandad! I've adored picnics as long as I can remember. Y tends to worry about flies and sand in her sandwiches (well, not sand at Long Eaton) but she humours me. I personally think that is the origin of the term 'sandwich' and the convoluted story about the Earl of Sandwich at the gaming-tables is not true!

When we got home Y had a further blitz on picture-packing because we are taking special stuff over to Tracy's tomorrow for safe storage in her loft. I made up some more boxes and then dealt with advertising a coal effect electric fire and a piano accordian, online in the Evening Post. A good alternative to ringing them, which they warn you, costs a £1 a minute! It was straighforward and within minutes I had confirmations for both items, ref.nos. etc., and a little picture of what each ad would look like. Ain't technology great?

Then, just as we were having a corned beef and pickle sandwich for tea, John arrived and parked his motorway patrol car on the front. The neighbours are used to it by now. They no longer think we are in some sort of trouble. It will be a shock for our new neighbours I suppose, but it doesn't happen more than a couple of times a year and it is Father's Day tomorrow and he knows we shall be over at Tracy's.

While researching blogging I chanced upon a glossary of 'blog jargon' two of which were amusing. You, dear readers, are my Blaudience; and I shall have to be careful not to suffer from Blogorrhea ! Poor Bungus has gone down with RSI in his right hand, which he blames on 'too much computering'. At first I thought RSI was something to do with supporting a roof ! But I do understand and sympathise. I'm sure he will be just as witty left-handed.

No comments: