Friday, September 28, 2007

Y at Palmers Green - Me? - suffering

A picture from WoW at Butterley - "Photographer at work". Roy's blue woolly hat has been a feature of WoW outings since way before I started going with them. But, as the others had shot off elsewhere this picture is perhaps unique. Or probably not because they have been there before.

Today is going to be a 'One picture blog' because I am suffering and had to leave the camera-club early last night. I had been sitting with my head at quite a sharp angle, to see the screen and the result was very similar to last year when I did a similar thing in the theatre. On that occasion I finished up in hospital with a suspected kidney problem - the pain was so intense. Last night the 'judge' didn't help but I'm prepared to blame my discomfort rather than his incompetence.

Thanks Pete for you compliments about the 'headstocks' picture and from a holiday on your beautiful island about 15 years ago we remember well the railways and the Douglas Trams. I suspect that in Manx terms 15yrs is the bat of an eyelid. A visit to Pete's site please clicky here is strongly recommended. Pete's Web User monicker is Manxislander where, apart from much else, he is a lifeboat man - even though I think they have told him he is getting a touch old for the rough stuff. Web User forums is an extremely friendly place to be, and with whose help I have gone in 2 years from 'complete idiot' to 'less of an idiot'.

Jill - I think it should be bourguignon - you had mistakenly added a 'gin' instead of a 'guig' but I'm sure it tasted the same. I've not had it since a meal in our local Pierre Victoire when the pieces of beef were all identical cubes, like OXO, and I was very suspicious. Didn't taste very good either.

Quote for the day :-

"The first time I see a jogger smiling, I'll consider it."

Joan Rivers

I've just spoken to Helen on the 'phone and arranged to nip over to Long Eaton on Sunday morning and take the girls some Goose Fair pennies. I'll do a live link later for those non Nottingham readers. The girls are excited already! If I feel the same tomorrow as I do at the moment I'm going to stay in bed and mooch about, when I can get my legs out and onto the floor. Sleep tight everybody.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trust me to get gin into it somewhere! This was the real thing, large irregular shaped pieces of melting beef, some cubes of bacon, little tiny ?onions, a few mushrooms (Ro got mine, I like the flavour but not eating them) and asked for some bread to mop up the really good gravy.

I do hope you feel better tomorrow, we can't have both you and Bungus in the wars tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I was just looking at the train photo (no underlying passions, honest!) but couldn't help thinking how luxurious the 3rd class carraige appeared! Hope you recover enough to come over on Sunday, see you then.

Anonymous said...

Graham, thanks for the link to my site. The more people I get coming to have a look the better. Yes you are right in thinking that 15 years is like blinking here on the island, that's why I love it so much.Don't know about me being too old and slowing down, I could be a tad fitter as could most but I think I do alright. Managed two shouts so far this year but have missed the last two due to being away on holiday. I think it's called sods law.Will if all goes well be doing a navigating course sometime next year. Anyway hope your aches and pains soon go. Keep up the good work.