Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Still from Norfolk - Blood Test - Doctor

During our expedition to Little Cressingham Church on Sunday evening, to catch the patch of sunlight on the wall, we noticed something unusual. - This piece of napped flint about 5' up and around the size of a playing card and a half.

As Picture 1 shows, someone has put a date on it. The look of it suggested that it had been done with a punch and hammer. Neither of us had ever seen this type of work before; even with Bungus's professional architectural knowledge he was flummoxed.

It could well be a mystery for AnonymousRob to solve. Or Reg, of course, or Roy, or any other reader.

Picture 2 is some 'cloud luminescence' we spotted on the way from the Church to the Pub. I speak with authority because sometime last year I had seen some and wondered what it was. At that time Madeline explained and sent me a link including pictures. BUT I CANT FIND IT !

So, if you are reading this Madeline please tell us again.

I'm still messing about with the Norfolk pictures, in Photoshop, and I am getting there, slowly. So, more might follow, if I see any good enough to publish.

This morning was my routine blood-test, followed by an appointment with the Doctor. She checked my legs and their movement very thoroughly. I reported that I seem to have become 'impenetrable' to my present tablets which no longer work much in the matter of pain-relief. She has prescribed for me these morphine-patches which stay on for 3 days and release a steady trickle. I stuck one on my arm at 5pm and, it could be wishful thinking , but it seems to be working ! Tomorrow will be a better test because if the chaps are 'WoW' - ing, I would like to go.

Just this minute spoken to Reg and there is only me and him going. It will be fun though and I can pick his 'photoshop' brains.

A quote for anyone who wants to achieve things :-

"No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings"


He makes a good point, but it won't stop me picking people's brains, whenever appropriate.

It says it's going to rain tomorrow. Oh well !.. Hope Ray is feeling a little better and keeping his feet up. Sleep tight everyone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

During WW2 I used to live At Selsey, and several of the old cottages were built of ?cement with inlaid flint stones from the beach, sometimes in neat rows like bricks but sometimes in swirling patterns. And there were several walls made in the same way. The beaches were made up of these flint stones, I used to enjoy breaking the smaller ones to see what they were like inside.

Last week we bought a state-of-the-art electric blanket (Lakeland) and if the last two nights are anything to go by, it will prove its worth in no time. Looks like a sheepskin,machine washable, a specially hot bit down by one's feet, you can have it switched on all night (but I wouldn't) Trouble is it is cutting into my reading time, I usually count on at least 20 mins. whle I get warm, now I get into a lovely warm bed and am asleep in minutes...

Good luck with the morphine patches...Mac had these for his back.

When is your next jaunt - seems to me Michael Palin has missed a trick or two, he could explore the by-ways of Lincs/Norfolk etc.etc, just as exciting as Albania....

Anonymous said...

Although it makes an interesting picture, I am rather sceptical about the significance of the date punched onto the flint (could Jill be confused about this; it is the ‘punched date’ (which may be unusual, and which could have been done at any time, not the use of flint walling which is perhaps the most common construction method in Norfolk). No doubt someone will inform us further.

The 'cloud luminescence' was interesting (I too have a reasonable picture) and I remember seeing Madeline’s comments.

The morphine patches sound rather extreme; let us hope they work. Please do not take any precipitate action, but are you sure that your problem is exacerbated by your car seats? I found them the most uncomfortable I have encountered for some time. They bothered MY back, which is OK again today.
Perhaps someone can offer an ergonomic assessment?

Anonymous said...

Actually, it's not Luminescence, it's Cloud Iridescence! I don't have the links I gave you before, but here are a couple I found on Google.
http://www.atoptics.co.uk/droplets/irid1.htm

http://www.meteoros.de/iris/irise.htm

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say, why has the "Comments" box gone partly German? It says "Sie können HTML-Tags verwenden..." Thank goodness I learnt Deutsch at school! Unfortunately, my spell checker didn't and it's not at all happy!