Wednesday, September 19, 2007

WoW day - cloud iridescence - Potato Ricer

Picture 1 is Bungus's version of the Cloud Iridescence. It's a better picture than my own which was too vivid so I decided to use his, as a better representation.

And thanks Madeline. Once you pointed out that it is iridescence rather than luminescence I googled it and found the original corres. immediately. It was dated 30th September 06, so perhaps their appearance is usually at this time of year. Anyway - welcome back ! Roy says they used to call them 'ice clouds'.

The 'partly in German' problem is a straightforward Google Blogger glitch. I visited the 'Blogger Help Groups' forum and people have been complaining for the last 3 days. Eventually some Google boffin will fix it - they always seem to. I notice that my blogger toolbar has today sprouted a 'write Hindi' button. You never know व्हें ई I might need it ?

Whilst on the subject of Bungus pictures I can't resist this shot of his rather splendid 'bog' at Holbeach. To torture poor old Emerson - "if you have a better bog than your neighbour...etc......"

Before leaving 'comments' - we are all delighted Jill that you are enjoying your new electric blanket with it's selective hot-spot for your feet. Personally I don't like electric blankets. I much prefer to get into a cold bed and let it warm up naturally. It's just a theory but I think one finishes up more cosy that way than by artificial means. Y loves hers though !

Our WoW day was a success, even thought the light was not good, and Roy came too which was nice. He is having hip trouble and didn't want to walk much which suited me ideally. Reg answered all my Photoshop questions and we had a good chinwag which is a substantial part of it. If one talks photography endlessly, no-one says "boring". I took my laptop into the pub at lunchtime and with many problems Reg was able to show rather than tell which is always best.

I must sort out pictures for tomorrow because Trevor now needs them (very reasonably) the week before the actual competition rather than 'on the night'. Whether or not Mike is actually back affects whether I shall be on 'cookhouse fatigues' again, making the tea. Quite like doing it anyway ! Y now understands that, even if I am whacked, I enjoy a couple of hours in the kitchen preparing food ! I find it relaxing. Debra's Andy is exactly the same. This evening I did pork chops and stuffing, with carrots, green beans and mashed potato. On Peter's Joan's recommendation I used the potato-ricer for the first time (a present from TJ - hitherto only used as a meat-press) and the result was excellent. Light and fluffy and I shall certainly use it again.

Today's quote should reassure several of my readers:-

"Tis healthy to be sick sometimes"


In the true spirit of British sportsmanship Leicester 'gifted' a goal to Nottingham Forest. Please click here to read all about it. This evening we watched the BBC 4 showing of Michael Palins travels in Eastern Europe and, as always, found it fascinating. Isn't Albania a strange place ?

Normal BJ day for Y tomorrow and I intend to take Maureen some of the artichoke heads for her Art Class. If they are dry -it is raining heavily at the moment. I would have taken them this morning but the stems are too thick and tough for secateurs, and I needed Y to find the pruning saw.

Sleep tight folks. I'll catch you tomorrow.

No comments: