Thursday, September 20, 2007

Y at BJ - then Ballet - me EPS

Just starting the blog intending to finish it on my return from Eastwood Photographic Society.

Picture 1 is of an 'art deco' piece in the corner of my room at The Vines. Hideous I suppose, yet strangely attractive. No title, no author, but it is odd that this afternoon Y has been to the ballet. Romeo and Juliet no less by Northern Ballet.

The company now enjoys an excellent reputation and Y prefers them to the Russian Ballet who, apparently, keep pausing for expected applause.
She reports an excellent production this afternoon and couldn't restrain a tear during the sad bit at the end. She went with her friend Sylvia who, like Y enjoys the matinées. Sylvia is an arthritis sufferer and can hardly move her hands any more.

Picture 2 is self-explanatory except that I have inverted it in PhotoShop so it now looks like a cross between infra-red and an old fashioned negative. The original was very boring - "So what's different now?"
I can hear in the distance.

I have had a busy day preparing pictures to take in this evening for judging next week and doing odd jobs. I finally managed to get the artichoke heads over to Maureen and I hope her art class students can make something interesting of them.

p.s. more will follow later - all being well.

11pm and just returned from EPS. The lecturer, John Jones was very good and brought with him some excellent prints. Over the years he has many Exhibition successes to his name and still works entirely with film, and slides, and darkroom. I noticed that most of his work is on matt rather than glossy paper and it does add a sort of arty/dignity to a print. He ranged from leichens to fungi to landscapes and people pictures - in fact almost the whole gamut except sport and action shots.

I enjoyed doing the tea - it means I talk to more people and try to be welcoming to new members and the simply shy. We are hoping to nip down Nottingham and see 'Atonement' tomorrow. Some critics like it, others don't. We will make up our own minds.

Sleepy tight. Catch you tomorrow.

1 comment:

zglenallen said...

Hi, Hope you don’t mind me intruding like this, but I thought you might be interested in my new website: www.allenart.co.uk



If you have a spare moment, please take a look, any feedback would be appreciated to glen@allenart.co.uk



Thanks for your time.



Kind regards



Glen