Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Tuesday. Quite warm and sunny.

Quite a mild day - can't give the temperature because my Google Personalised Homepage says that the information is not available. Although there is cloud there are lots of sunny bits too.

Picture 1 is some of the Artichokes which in my opinion look quite dramatic, in a sort of past-it elegance. A look I would quite like to cultivate, but past-it, untidy, and overweight, is the closest I get. Picture 2 is Leycesteria. If there is a common-name for it, it eludes me. Perhaps one of our horticultural correspondents could help.

We nipped down Eastwood this morning for abit of shopping and Y to the dentist for a check up. The dentist who is a delightful young man gave her the all clear for another 6 months. All her own and in good condition - ain't she lucky. I whiled away a pleasant hour in The Libray and found a few books which appealed to me. One was brand new and had never been issued; which always appeals. I am an inveterate 'new book sniffer' which caused me when I was 12 to be chucked out of the local W.H.Smiths. A new sandwich-bar has opened opposite the Library so we decided to give it a whirl. We wish them well but Eastwood isn't a good place to start a new business at the moment. Sadly, lots of empty shops. There is also a D. H.Lawrence Festival currently running, but Eastwood is distinctly underwhelmed.

Since the big sideboard went and we now have the TV in the big room and I have become a BBC News 24 fan. It is, I think, a sign of being an old man to shout things at the Telly and apparently my most frequent are "Well done", "Bollocks" and "He looks smart in that tie". To extend my repetoire would be a good thing.

Y and Jill have exchanged email and plan to meet up when Y is in London. They will both enjoy that so much.

Dont feel bad today ...................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking where I had been hearing about Eastwood - it was our Paxo in last nights'Newsnight' - all doom and gloowm, don't think they mentioned Lawence at all.

No help on the horticultural front, never heard of the Leycester thingy and don't recognise the other one either!

Ro shouts same things at tv as you do - he also has 'You ARE joking', 'Are you wearing that tie for a bet' and (I hate to admit it) 'why are there so many women everywhere?'

Good luck with the tests etc. tomorrow.