Sunday, August 13, 2006

Still Wet and Windy. A Pleasant Change

This is yesterday evening's sunset. I know I 'blogged' a similar picture before but this one is freshly minted. Although it is nearly against my religion, I cloned out the neighbours TV aerial which stuck up like a sore thumb and wrecked the picture. Removing something which is a scene spoiler is OK, but I don't approve of putting a sky from one picture on another; or putting people where they weren't, for instance. Unless it's a fun thing, like a greetings card - then I'm prepared to take a more flexible approach.

The weather is quite stormy, with a windspeed of 31km/hour and a temperature of 17C. It rained quite heavily last night. Not good for our young people in Caravans. But rain on a caravan roof can be quite exciting and they are all resourceful enough to have a good holiday notwithstanding. Lovely word that 'innit?

It's been a 'me day' cateringwise and we had sirloin steak. Or, to be precise, a sirloin steak between us. But Peter the Butcher had cut them a good 1" thick because he knows I don't like them to dry out, and they were delicious - tender, moist and full of flavour. We had chips and mushrooms as accompaniment and I grilled Y some tomatoes (which I don't like). Then we had bananas and custard for afters. That will bore Tracy I know but it is my diary.

Bungus sent me some b&w photos of Christchurch from when he was on a cycling holiday as a young man. He has a b&w negative, no print, from which he would like to produce a digital positive. It is I think, beyond my equipment and knowledge but I'm absolutely sure it must be possible. It was a relief to hear from Ray because I was abit worried that he was not well again. But he had simply been busy - keeping his grandson occupied while his daughter moved house, and helping her with her cooker etc., etc..

Er - I think that's it ! ..............

No comments: