Saturday, August 05, 2006

Rough Morning - (Me not the weather)

Following on from yesterday, and even after taking very seriously Bungus's comments, I have still decided that more details of my period in Hospital would simply be boring. I had a PM from Madeline confirming how painful these kidney problems are and I guess I am just adding my name to a long list. I didn't sleep well and by the time I got up, about 6am, I just knew I was going to suffer, and I did. The pain eased off but I felt ghastly until around 10.30am when I had a coffee and a dry biscuit with Y which was my breakfast. I was pleased to be able to enjoy a super little Radio 4 programme called Pickwick Poppers which was by and about the sessions singers who made the Top of The Pops albums in the 1960s and 70s. Those of you who are old enough will remember what good fun they were at parties and so good to dance to and often undistinguishable from the original artists. Apparently their biggest challenge was Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. They played a clip from it and it really was very good. Picture 1 is a left-over from our last Nottingham Trip. Any excuse for a Tram Shot - but I liked the 'one going one coming' aspect.

After 11am I steadily recovered and have actually had a pretty good day. I had a lovely warm card from the Chairman of Mansfield National Trust and I note from the newsletter that Y now has the official title of 'raffle cordinator' - there is no stopping her!!

John called in and I'm always so proud of him; he looks so smart in uniform. We discussed 'printers' and I said how happy I am with our Epson Rx 420. He admired the A4 Tenby photos which we have put back on the wall. David rang at lunchtime while they were all sitting on the side of the quay at Weymouth eating fish and chips and watching the boats. We agreed that "seaside, quay, and fish & chips" deserves to be in inverted commas; it is so traditional. I could hear much 'little girl excitement' in the background because there was a funfair and they had each decided which ride they wanted to go on. Debra rang to say that they were just about to set off to their caravan and in the afternoon Steve rang to say that they had safely returned from Jersey.

Picture 2 exists, not because it has much artistic merit but because I was determined to produce a Japenese Anenome photo which didn't suffer 'whiteout'. And there it is...........

No comments: