Saturday, August 26, 2006

Busy Bees - Not we

We have certainly not been busy bees today - and have taken it easy. Y couldn't resist going in the garden to cut-back and tidy up though but sensibly stopped short of back-ache. An easy lunch, pasta and sauce and plenty of cups of tea. A changeable day, some sun some rain, that sort of thing.

I started the Telegraph cryptic crossword ( doing the easy clues) and Y finished it as usual. Mondays and Thursdays have always seemed the easiest days to me but Y always finds Saturday fairly straightforward. Even though it is the competition day, she never submits it. Neither of us are much good at non-cryptic crosswords because one has to know the answers.

This afternoon I decided to register for StumbleUpon because one hears so much about it. Going through the registration process told me that 'radiogandy' was already in use. "That's a cheek" I thought; but after pursuing it discovered that it was me and I had previously registered. It had completely escaped me ! Oh dear - this ageing brain ! Anyway, it was pre-Firefox so I downloaded it as an add-on and now have yet another toolbar. Good job I like toolbars.

Another development is that Ellen on WU forums posted a link for a 'clock' on one's Blog and then posted 'simple for me to follow' instructions to install one. So. Watch this space, or somewhere else. I can't quite decide where to put it - and please restrain yourself with advice Bungus. We do have lady readers you know.

See ya!..............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always think Monday's cryptic one is difficult - like Y, I think Saturdays is OK. For one year I submitted it almost every Saturday, never won, so I stopped......I also do the codewword thing, sometimes easily, sometimes with much cursing and rubbings-out, cannot do and do not understand sudoku.

Anonymous said...

I used to like the Telegraph Saturday crossword but then stopped doing it because I couldn't stand most of the rest of the paper and several of the better contributors disappeared. Sudokyu is just a matter of logic - no maths involved. That said it can be infuriating causing the throwing of objects at walls and kicking of pianos - it also becomes boring.

Danny seems to have wiped out my blogger name. I think he does not approve of blogging which rather surprises me as he often appears to go along with conspiracy theories (or, rather, denies that they are conspiracy theories) being something of a Michael Mann fan. That said, I thought 'Columbus' was called for.