Sunday, August 20, 2006

Lovely Lunch at Tracy's

Lovely lunch at Tracy's. Due to our recent, and ongoing traumas, she thought we needed comfort food and did us Toad in the Hole, mixed greens, and tiny roast potatoes rolled in garlic. And a choice of gravy, ordinary or onion. Lovely meal followed by fruit tartlets and cream. I had to leave some of my main course and turned down the cheese board. But a lovely meal. Unfortunately I had a little kidney-area pain again, but got myself comfortable semi-propped up on a long sofa. But it only takes us around 20 minutes each way so it was a very suitable 'first venture' out. And Yvonne always enjoys it so. Picture 1, is Tracy's gorgeous pink Japenese Anenome. For some strange reason we only seem able to grow the white version. Perhaps we will succeed with pink in the new house.

Picture 2 is also at Tracy's and she says she is ashamed to admit that she likes Gladiolii because she considers them, whatever a young person's word is for it, naff. We reassure her that there is no cause for such feelings and to regard them as colourful and flamboyant.

After a nice chat and coffee we drove back in a leisurely fashion. The roads were very quiet with it being Sunday and I decided on an early Blog. I have so much enjoyed people's comments and I'm pleased Jill's Chef's Candle was such a success. We shall obtain the 'General Odours' version a.s.a.p. I also managed to unravel the knitting Blog. A bit weird to a non-knitter but, as Jill said the photography was great.

One thing I had forgotten to tell you, was a problem with the Video Recorder. We were sure we had noted the essential procedure from Martin and last night there was something Y wanted to record. But we couldn't move the Programme from Channel 5; we could not get it to play, or record, or anything. We got the book out and I found, down on my hands and knees, that I could get things to happen by pressing knobs on the machine itself, but not via the 'remote' Why incidentally do we have these machines a few inches above floor level and, in consequence, almost impossible for the older more corpulent gentleman to access. Eventually Y, perceptively, asked are the batteries OK? They weren't; they were flat. Changed the batteries and everything worked perfick. Why didn't I think of that?

INR Blood-test tomorrow. And we are just hoping against hope that it hasn't shot up again. If there is no Blog tomorrow fear the worst. Well - not the very worst. But just that Radiogandy is temporarily 'off air'............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some years ago we had a chap here installing a new video, and I asked why it couldn't go on a convenient shelf at waist height next to TV. I got a pitying look and a sigh - 'VCRs always go below the tv' he said. I should have followed this up - it's like electric points. waist-high ones of those would be a great improvement to all, not just the nearly decrepit....(is that spelt right? looks odd, dictionary is propping a door open upstairs...)

I have pink and white anemones most years, but this year the buds just curled up and died in the scorching July heat.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow......