Sunday, August 27, 2006

Pleasant Day - Warm, Dry and Breezy

Not one of my sky-photographs. It turned up on a site sent me from StumbleUpon under the title 'storms' and, try as I might, I couldn't establish the author or where it was taken. Somewhere in the USA looks the most probable. In the unlikely event of the photographer seeing this, he/she should know I didn't want to 'steal' it !! But it is such a great picture it was irresistable.

Nice day weatherwise. 19C but windy. On the Football field there has been some sort of big-event with consecutive matches and lots of cars parked outside. Also a bouncy castle and things for the kids - so it has been good that it has stayed dry.

It has been a Y day in the kitchen and we had a super quiche with new potatoes and salad. Delicious. Followed by some delightful Italian fancies. Ellen's (Webuser) Clock link; to put a clock on my Blog is proving somewhat elusive. The clock appears OK when I preview my Template change but then vanishes when I click 'Save Changes'. I shall get there though. And all I need is a reader to tell me that it is there already, on their copy, because my own version is still around 24hrs in arrears.

We are hoping that Chris and Joan will come for a meal tomorrow evening; when Chris has finished on his stall at Moorgreen Show. The showground is only a couple of miles away and it is to be hoped that the weather holds for it. A Chicken Casserole with loads of fresh tarragon would seem about right and I must remember that Joan doesn't like celery, even when cooked.

Today's example of a 'life's little mysteries' is the strange manner by which electrical cables acquire a knot in them. Having done nothing more than move the wire, together with it's plug at one end and it's gadget at the other, from one place to another.

And 'lo and behold' a knot appears....................

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A diturbing photo, I find. the lower part of the sky looks like a lake (is it a lakealike?) with little white boats and upland beyond. It starts to irritate me.

There si now a clock at the top LH corner of your blogpage. I find it obtrusive and irritating. I have a watch and a clock here if I need to know the time.
And, as you suggest, it could be 24 hours slow because at 7.01 pm this evening it read 7.01.

I can understand anyone not liking celery. I could even understand them becoming annoyed at it. I only really like it finely chopped as part of the trinity.

My lawmn mower cable gets knotted all the time. We once had one stolen. As someone said at the tiem, "Eeny, meeny, miney; there ain't no mower". That irritated me.

And yes, in my second comment yesterday I did mean Michael Moore (or should that be Mower?) not Mann.
So, "Eeny, meeny, miney; there ain't no Mann" (any more).

Anonymous said...

Well, I like your clock! However, the topmost part of it is obscured by the blue 'Blogger' bar so can you lower the clock a bit, please? Thanks for the lovely photo, I'll reply to your e-mail soon.
If anyone wants to get a program to check their spelling, there's a good one available free from http://www.iespell.com/ It works with Internet Explorer and other browsers that are based on Internet Explorer.
Madeline.

Anonymous said...

I have got a clock on my screen just below 'Archives' not obstructed by anything....but I don't really need it either, the time is on the computer and I have a watch and a clock. I'm with Joan on the celery - nasty stringy stuff that gets in your teeth!

Anonymous said...

Graham...just been catching up on your day to day goings on and noticed that you have a clock promoted by Ellen off the webuser forum. I thought of having one of those on my site but instead went for a world map where I could see where all the people who were viewing my site lived. Was very surprised to see that I have a worldwide coverage maybe you could put one on your blog the address is http://clustrmaps.com........Liked the pics especially the sunflower and the sky very atmospheric