Tuesday, May 02, 2006

New Estate Agent - Fingers Crossed


I am 'posting' this picture early, i.e around 17.29hrs to be sure to upload it without too much hassle. No real problems with the upload but to begin with I got 'this page cannot be displayed'. But when I tried again having ticked the 'small' button it loaded easily. It is easier to load 'small' and then to stretch to 'medium' than start off at 'medium'. But there seems little doubt that the quality suffers. Continued messing-about until I stumble upon the best solution, is probably the best way forward.

We are at Mansfield National Trust monthly meeting this evening and I couldn't face a tussle with blogger.com on my return. It is easy to edit the Blog when we get back.

The aim of the picture is to show people how easy it is to root things in a stem-glass even at this time of year. This is our favourite Basil - 'Minette' - which, although small-leaved has the best of flavours and it has rooted in plain water at normal room temperature.

This afternoon our new Estate Agent, Burchell Edwards, came to bring the valuation up to date and to discuss precisely that. We have decided to drop the asking price considerably to a figure that their lady assured us would attract interest. We really do want to move now and to 'get on' with our lives. It does seem that prices, in this area at least, have dropped in the past 2 years. That's life though!.

This morning we did some shopping and bought a new toaster. Before ditching the old one I checked fuse, wiring etc., but it just seemed to have given up. And we both like the look of the new one and it works fine. A nice touch is a little lever which pushes the cooked toast further up the slots to facilitate getting the slices out.

Mansfield National Trust was good again - a talk about the Pyrenees - with slides of course. And Yvonne dropped effortlessly into her new role as raffle-lady, and I have found my niche as chief ticket-stub folder. The next highlight is the Morecombe trip towards the end of the month and we are both looking forward. Jean is kindly allowing us to park on her drive and I've agreed to pay for the taxi - which Jean is going to organise for 8.15am.

Bob has sorted the 'putting comments into the Blog' problems but I keep getting these Mailer-Deamon messages which I don't actually understand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't know how you stand the excitement! New toasters, trips to Morecambe, what next? I know, Lidl twice in one day!

I can confirm successful Basil Rooting (lovely fellow) but mine seems to stop growing when potted on. Am I doing something wrong? Does it need a load of 'oss muck?