Saturday, May 13, 2006

More House Viewers


I was sorting my pictures and decided on this Swan as today's Blog picture. It is around a month out of date and was taken at the rear of the Old Mill at Ollerton when with Bob. Although I accept that my bluebells a couple of days ago weren't pin-sharp, my little Casio did a fine job with the water-droplets in this. And it was a case of 'press the shutter as quick as possible' while the camera was pointing in the general direction. Certainly no time to let the camera focus on the swan; and I couldn't set it up earlier because I had no idea that he was going to ' exit stage right' in such a hurry.

Probably I spend around fortyfive minutes a day trying to sort My Pictures and Picasa into a fairly logical and tidy arrangement; culling anything I don't need and labelling, so that I can find a particular picture when I want to. To praise Google where praise is due, Picasa is a great programme for my purposes and is, of course, free.

David and family are caravanning at Carsington Water and we had hoped to drive over to see them but the Estate Agents rang and asked if a potential buyer could view at 2pm which, precisely in the middle of the day, more or less precluded our visit. I tried to ring David but just got his bizarre answer-phone message. He rang later to say he hadn't realised his phone was switched off but it eventually dawned on him that he hadn't had any calls. Not to worry, I'll speak to him tomorrow. The house-buyers came, a lady and her daughter, and as always it was impossible to decipher whether or not they liked it. They stayed about 30 minutes and had a close look at most things and asked detailed questions, such as were we on a water-meter or not? which I would think indicates at least a passing interest. After they had gone we returned the house more-or-less to normal. Because, in accordance with the advice Yvonne sees on her TV house-doctor programmes, we have a major tidy-up and put-away blitz before they come.

For main meal I made a 'rustled-up Chicken Jalfreezi' which I was quite proud of. I used all sorts of cupboard stuff; tinned tomatoes, coconut milk, and refrigerator stuff, like peppers and mushrooms, onions and a good glub of Thai fish oil. The result was fine. After our meal we watched a programme presented by Michael Palin interviewing David Attenborough, to celibrate his 8oth birthday. It was about all the series he has done and how important he has been to Television right from the word go. And, of course, we could remember it all. I'm so pleased that we noticed it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I said at the time, I think it was the faint 'click' of the 'shutter' that frightened the swan into flight. I do not know if that would worry the animal rights activists?

I am happy to let other people lead their lives in the way that suits them (Yorkshire Pud excepted) but if I was on holiday I would not want anyone phoning me unless it was necessary for me to identify a body. Mind you, a caravan holiday could be the exception (only joking, at one time I occasionally enjoyed it myself provided it wasn't cold and/or wet or with teenage daughters). It takes all sorts, as they say.