Thursday, May 04, 2006

Lovely Warm Day - 22C plus!


Again, I uploaded this image quite early so as to overcome potential cussed-ness on 'blogger's' part. And yet again, it uploaded without a squeek of protest. And, to push my luck still further, I uploaded it as 'large' but it still only took it maybe 3 seconds.

The picture by-the-way is the view from the top of Nelson's Column and was captured by Front Row's intrepid presenter John Wilson, assisted by his game young producer Ansiya Lodhi. They both climbed the scaffolding which has been erected to allow stone-masons to carry out essential remedial work on the old fellow's face and hat. The National Gallery is centre-foreground. No doubt you experts on our capital city will be able to name all the major buildings, but I can't I'm afraid.

Today is Yvonne's Burton Joyce grannying day and also Lisa's birthday. The plan is, due to Hannah and Miles both now being at School, that Yvonne will be left in sole-charge of Millicent while Steve takes Lisa out for lunch. Yvonne will be tired but happy. The weather has been really quite warm but with a slight breeze to make it pleasant. After I had dropped Yvonne at the tram I messed about taking some more Moorgreen Reservoir pictures but managed to get my camera stuck in 'flower picture' mode. I thought it through and found that the only way to fix it was to take the settings back to 'reset defaults' and then reprogramme it with my own settings. No problem really and it took me maybe 3 minutes.

We are having jacket-potatoes and salad for evening meal. It is so easy to put them in the oven on auto-timer before I set off to collect Yvonne and programme it to deliver perfectly baked pots. on our return. I still use the trusty Delia method of, Maris Piper or Desiree, for preference, slightly smeared with olive-oil and dusted with salt. They always come out with crisp jackets as we like them and fluffy insides. Perhaps more later.

When we arrived home the new Burchall Edwards (Estate Agents) for-sale sign was up and it looked much better. Maybe 1ft shorter than the other one and sort of 'sturdier' also the Halifax sign had been taken away. So, lets hope things start to move. On the 6pm news there was a short report saying that house-prices had started to rise again. Typical for us - we drop our price the day before a surge upwards is reported. Never mind - "more encouragement to potential buyers" I say !! During the evening I found that Google 'Talk' had packed up on me and unable to send, I was locked into 'signing in' mode. Ray is having Walagata problems; Bob's friend can't download Picasa onto a brand-new computer, and WUforums seems particlarly full of PC sufferers. Maybe we should all go back to pencil/paper, film/prints and the telephone. On the other hand - perhaps not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

4 May, 2006
Car behaved quite normally this morning and, consequently, I feel that no one believes me. Likely answer? Fuel blockage? Who knows? What use is a car that behaves like a computer?
Further, on subject of communication systems,I am thinking of reverting to stone slab and chisel (or the sand tray and stylus fondly recalled by my father).
On potatoes, I also find Marfona, Estima and, especially but rarely available, Sante to be very good as 'jackets'.