Sunday, May 07, 2006

House Viewers - Wet and Cold


No apologies necessary for another picture of Moorgreen Reservoir, this time quite early on a misty morning.

So beautiful that I feel sure that DHL would have something to say about it; in words more elegant than mine. It was one of his favourite haunts. I cropped and enlarged the water birds and Bob assures me they are 'tufted ducks' which I am quite pleased about.

The weather has been quite unpleasant, cold and wet and although the garden looked good for our house-viewers at 9.30am, it didn't look at its persuasive best. They had a quick look round but didn't seem at all interested and Yvonne isn't hopeful. But you never can tell, and I reminded her about our lack of initial enthuisiasm for 199 and we went on to love the house.

I cooked leg of Pork, roast potatoes, carrots, brussels, yorkshires, stuffing balls and proper gravy using the bottoms from the roasting tin and it was lovely. Yvonne has her own jar of apple-sauce because I don't like it. To me, the proper accompaniment for stewed apple is custard. After lunch we decided, in spite of the rain, to go house-mooching - in Mapperley this time which we hadn't yet explored. It is NG3 instead of NG5 and although Yvonne doesn't want to live in Carlton there are some very nice roads, on the top near Plains Road. We didn't see our dream house though and when we arrived home Yvonne said "We haven't seen anywhere as nice as this have we?" If only we could transport it to the Arnold area and plonk it in a plot about the size of our front garden. Ah well !

This evening we watched the second episode of The Impressionists and had a sandwich and a pot of tea during it. It is rather good but concentrates on Manet, Monet, Degas, Renoir and Cezanne. No mention, so far at least, of Pissaro and Sisley both favourites of ours. There is just one episode to go, next Sunday, so I guess they will make an appearance then. Hardly any computer-time today. I have neglected emails, Google Talk to Ray, and sorting out Pictures. I'll catch up tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yorkshire pud with roast pork? You should be ashamed of yourself. But I promise I won't tell anyone - well, hardly anyone. And no apple sauce! Isn't that sacrilege? I really don't know what the world is coming to.