Saturday, July 21, 2007

London & South flooded - 53F - Rest Day

Picture 1 is a Bungus photo of yesterday morning's Sun behind cloud and it is rather nice.

Personally I am convinced it's one of those pictures where, if you stare at it long enough, you can see the face of Jesus or his mother. It is always one or the other isn't it?

But to see the sun at all at the moment is a minor triumph. It has rained steadily here for most of the day and been cold. Compared to London and the South though we are lucky.

Apart from Lidl and Morrisons we have enjoyed our Rest Day. The crossword is finished already and we have an interesting programme to watch this evening on Channel4 about 'Athens and Democracy' by Bethany Hughes who we both like. And, by that time, my 'blog' will have been done.


John called in to see us and it was nice to have all the family news. Laura is 'faffing' about a bit and is off back-packing - but, if you don't do those things when you are her age, it is sometimes difficult to fit them in later. She sounds fine. As is everyone else in the John branch.

He has similar doubts about the wisdom of blogs as Y, so I asked if it would be OK just to take a picture of him leaving, for the blog. Picture 2 is the result.

I know it should be 'his' leaving and I might yet join the "we ain't got no spinach' brigade. (please see prev. blog)

I return to Emerson for my quote today :-

"So of cheerfulness, or a good temper, the more it is spent, the more it remains." -

Now I do think you would have a good hour in a pub with Emerson.

I hope everyone manages to keep their feet dry. And sleep tight.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hve tried to add comments on the lst two blog entries - but it won't let me - are you trying to tell me something?

Will see if this is accepted before I add more....

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is working fine! Cannot remember what I commented on, I know I liked the hollyhock picture - oh, and the 'ain't got no spinach' - I would have asked for a reduction on the bill, you didn't get what was on the menue nor were offered a subsitute.

Shame about the house-buyers, hope Y not too disappointed. There is someone out there who is just going to love it and snap it up, you just have to wait....

Dreadful thunderstorm and rain here, though we were OK, I had gone to friend's house for lunch, had to walk the two miles homes as all bus services suspended and underground station closed, and roads closed/gridlocked/both. Hope Deb and family weren't badly affected?

Anonymous said...

I do know menu doesn't have an e on the end, supper is cooking/burning and I didn't read it through.....

Anonymous said...

Kind of you to publish my inconsequential picture.
I think it is God eating an apple (you would think he’d know better)...

You are certainly right about it being cold. First thing I did after leaving my bed this morning was switch the heating on!
But at least we are not under four feet of water or stuck on a motorway slip road.

I presume Laura is late teens in age? If so, best get it done before the next tsunami, forest fire, earthquake, volcanic eruption or biblical flood.
I have a feeling that, being safe from flooding, all the local mine workings will suddemly collapse and WE shall be CONSUMED.
Apocalypse next Monday’

I suppose John’s and Yvonne’s reservations about blogs are the same as mine, viz, that they can be too revealing. But he has a very pretty car, which makes my picture look very drab. It takes all sorts, as they say.