Thursday, July 12, 2007

72F - Torrential Rain - BJ Day

Just 2 more Nat. Trust pictures and then back to flowers etc., I promise.

This is Keighley Station. Isn't it gorgeous ? I took loads of pictures, probably far too many, and I have spent several hours messing about with them, cropping, brightening, deleting lots; uploading a selection of 24 onto my Picasa WebAlbums etc., and have loved every minute of it.

Should anyone like to see all 24 please click Picasa WebAlbum and you will be borne to it on the wings of a dove: No, I think 'eagle' would be quicker. There surely must be an official www. bird, can't be a boring old pigeon can it? I must ask on the forums.

Picture 2 made me think it must be one of the Railway Children ! Then I thought no! just too old, and remembered that young ladies do have a tendency to 'pose' when they see a camera. Whatever she was doing, she looked charming.

The day has been a pretty normal Thursday. Y grannying at Burton Joyce from where I collected her early evening. I didn't see Steve because, very sensibly, he was resting. Played a good card game with Hannah, Miles and Y and I ought to be able to remember its name but I can't. One had 9 cards all to do with the Simpsons and the one with the highest score in a particular category won the cards of the others. Needless to say Y and I were first out ! Then we played 'blind man's bluff' but I was allowed to be the 'humble assistant' and whilst sitting down, call out when the blidfolded person was in danger of crashing into furniture. Quite demanding enough for Radiogandy. When Millicent surfaced she made a fuss of me, and I got the wrinkly-nosed smile and an offer to share her balloon. Oh! she can certainly make a noise that one. In a year or two I want to see Millicent, Elli and Brooke all playing together; that will be fun !

The weather has been pretty awful again, even though mild, and on the way I encountered several roads closed by flooding - Beanford Lane was nowhere near an option. And a serious accident at Larch Farm crossroads. It suprised me that I was only 15 minutes late. We came back via Lambley and Mapperly Top which was trouble free.

Our evening meal was Jacket Potato and salad, and the oven auto-timer again worked perfectly. The reassuring smell of hot jacket-potato greets you as soom as you walk in through the front door and one knows all is well.

Nothing from the Agents about the house re-viewing. It's probably fallen through. This quote amused me, as Mencken often did -

"It is impossible to imagine Goethe or Beethoven being good at billiards........."

- HL Mencken

Coffee now, finish off crossword (if Y's not finished it while I've been blogging) some radio and then bed. sleep tight all......................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Keighley Station is lovely. So nicely scaled down.

I think you picked the best 3 photos and, critic mode, I found the main garden photo too greenly bright.