Thursday, March 08, 2007

Slimming - BJ Day - Camera Club

Before leaving the subject of The Market Square I thought another picture of the water-feature might interest.

Having had another look while sorting this photograph I think it might grow on me. Sure enough it will be a draw for hooligans but so long as it is just revels - I suppose OK. And it is rather beautiful - 'innit ? Fascinating piece of public art ? Perhaps the two Balfour Beatty men, one with camera, built it or designed it, or both. I shall find out more about it I think.

The picture was taken on the trusty old Casio. It is handy having a shirt pocket camera and one is far less obtrusive than with a great big DSLR. Interestingly enough, from my magazine, security staff are happy about compacts but suspicious of DSLR pro-looking cameras.

A couple of days ago in the Telegraph, Matt had his dagger out again. And just to show I can still mix metaphors with the best of them, he has the ability to hit more than one target with the same arrow.

I do wish however that we had a different centre-pages cartoonist. Often I "don't get it" and Y doesn't either. Maybe it's just us.

Yesterday I saw the doctor to ask about losing weight. I really must because, as Y points out, if I could shed 6 stone moving about, getting in and out of the car and a myriad of other functions would be so much easier and less breathlessness-inducing. The doctor agreed and has prescribed me 'Orlistat' which she says is helpful. I intend to 'google' the drug and see what it is all about.

It is nearly 5pm and still a lovely afternoon. Doesn't get dark till 6pm-ish and it is getting light about 6.30am-ish. So we must be approaching the spring equinox.

.....I can't find a 'smiley' with a plate of Ryvitas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’m afraid the Slab Square picture doesn’t give me a real idea of what it looks like. That is not a criticism of your photography; I just think it is probably something which has to be seen live, probably in four dimensions (ie, moving around it).
Possibly an aerial view would give more of an overall impression. How about from upstairs at Bromley House or is that not a good viewpoint?
I seem to remember voting on the alternative schemes but cannot remember any of the detail.

There is no doubt thta losing weight is difficult, particularly when exercise is limited. The one diet I found successful (and I didn’t put it all back in a couple of months; I think it took over a year) was the ‘F Plan’. But it demanded constant attention to the detail.
Sandra, who spent years trying to avoid weight gain (although never more than a size 16) is now, at about three quarters of her top weight, trying to put some back on.
Turning vegetarian (but with fish) about ten or twelve years ago was probably her turning point and having to give up dairy products proved decisive. But she says she has never felt better and it has done wonders for her chronic back problem.
I hope the ‘Orlistat’, which I suppose is an appetite suppressant, does the trick.

Yes, the days are getting longer but, as |Bogey said, they’ll grow short (again) when we reach November.