Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Only 2C - Plus/Minus WindChill.

Really cold. Flurry of snow again but it didn't settle. It is hard to believe that this was taken as recently as Saturday.

Still if it wasn't for the weather we English would be at a loss for conversation openers. But it is because our weather is so interesting. Fancy every day being reliably sunny and warm and no wind = really boring in my book !

It was a Karen morning and we were talking about 'Rest Days' and she said "Round here they call them doss days". I've never heard it before but I like it. Trevor also came to fix the boiler and it is hard to know if his efforts have worked or not. It is now dripping from a different place but he said it might, until his leak-lagging hardened. We shall see.

For main meal we had jacket potato with cottage cheese and lots of salad. Y nipped down Nottingham for a mooch and to take her books back to Brommers. Unfortunately encountering the irritating woman who stopped her from going on Tuesdays. Apparently she sits in the little reading-room-come-coffee-place and reads something like The Spectator or Private Eye and every few minutes laughs pointedly, hoping one will ask her what has amused her. Y never does and just finds her annoying. I'd probably say something subtle like "Do you mind being quiet; this is a Library".

Picture 2 is a tulipy flower which is in Y's Mother's Day bouquet and I thought I would try to blur the background a little. But probably I've overdone it again.

There is a lens I want for my Nikon; it has had excellent write-ups, and obviously others think the same because none of the camera shops have one, or can easily get one. Every shop is having to order them from Nikon and Nikon have run out. Ah lackaday. I can manage without. But I wanted to spend my article £50 on something photographic.

I loved the Bungus and Jill stuff about the camera symbols. The Nikon is much the same, if less obscure. I'm sure the icon of' 'a man running' is for Sport, and that 'the mountain' is for landscapes. But I'm too much of a purist to use them. I hark back to the old manual SLR days and use A for 'aperture-priorty' or S for 'shutter-priority'. How boring !

It is a relief that 'anonymous' has become 'anonymous 1' and I'm relieved that you arrived via Pete (Manxislander)'s blog. Any friend of Pete's etc..etc........ That is enough for me and please keep your sense of mystery. We are all intrigued.

Nothing from the anti-coagulant clinc. But she said it would probably be Wednesday before they decided what to advise. And it is our Venice class tomorrow. They are coming to an end soon.

Wanted to share this quote with you:-

That's right. 'Tain't yours, and 'tain't mine. Mark Twain

(when friend said that a certain rich man's money was "tainted")


Then preparations for bed. Take me at least an hour and it's nearly 9pm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I think the background to the flower is fine. But I'm sure it is a lily (Stargazer or similar) not a sort of tulip.

Anonymous said...

PS
I wasn't trying to make a point; it just failed to take quickly enough so I kept trying to force it!
Sorry if it misled you into thinking a load of new commentators had suddenly flooded in.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous 1 - I agree that the flower is a lily, nice photo.
Rather concerned to see that you are 'relieved' that I came via Pete's blog, didn't mean to cause any stress!