Thursday, March 29, 2007

RAF Cosford - Camera Club - Colder (7C)

Two more images from the Aviation Museum.

Although in my opinion the exhibits were overcrowded this new hangar is very striking architecturally. I have tried a version of this in black & white as it is mostly shapes and textures. But I didn't like it and think the mini touches of colour contribute to the whole. So, as is the case with our cherished Picasa, one click and it was back.

(Just glanced out of the window to my right and there was a wren. By the time I had picked up my camera from my table and taken the lens-cap off she was gone. Talk about shy!)

Picture 2 is a Dakota. Dating from the 1930s they have been one of the most succssful aircraft ever. The Dakota DC-4 was the real work-horse and is still being flown commercially in some remote parts of the world.

This particular one was not actually flying; it was hanging from the roof inside the above hangar in extremely cramped conditions. So, unashamedly, I have photoshopped her out into a sky where she belongs. Consider it not an act of forgery, but more a mark of appreciation.

Apart from my usual messing about today I have spent quite a while lying down because I'm afraid I did try to walk too far yesterday, with the inevitable result. And my ankles are hanging over my shoes again. It would not be accurate to liken them to army gaiters because they aren't that smart. Hey nonny no! Whatever, I shall go to my Camera Club this evening because it will be good to chew over yesterday's visit. And there is a very good exhibition due to be shown. On screen rather than prints so I shan't need me binoculars. Nice to get an singing & dancing e-mail Easter Card from Ray which prompted me to send some of my own. With one's annual sub to Jackie Lawson there is no limit to how many one is entitled to send. And they are fun. The little children like them because there are things to click.

On one of my 'lie-downs' I dropped off, as you do, and when I woke my radio was on Oneword and somebody was reading. I thought wow! this is well written. Not surprising really. It was part of James Joyce's 'Dublinners' being read by Jim Norton. Must remember to try and catch the remaining instalments.

Anon 1 has left a comment on yesterday's and I think I had already guessed that she was she. A certain gentleness of expression denied to us rougher boots. If I had accidentally used the male gender in her respect I apologise. And 'Yes' OAGs are 'old-age gremlins.. I suppose it is somewhat of a misnomer because they are obviously young, fit, and vigorous.

The google homepage add-ons are fun but I had a strange experience. One of mine was a 'blog search' slot which also used Yahoo blog search in addition to google. Well - 2 days ago it simply vanished only to be replaced by a 'quotes' slot. I've checked the 'add stuff' pages to no avail. Doesn't matter a lot because I have simply added 'blog search' as one of my semi-permanent tabs on Firefox.

Bit of tea and then get ready for camera club. Catch you later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anon 1 - No apologies necessary!
Glad you enjoyed your day out yesterday, my husband was very interested to see your photographs and hopes you may add more in time.

Anonymous said...

Cracking photo of the new hangar, I love it. Glad you liked Cosford. Haven't been there in quite a while, used to go when they had an air show there. Thousands of cars all parked close to the runway, vulcan bomber flew past low and set of all the car alarms with the noise vibrations.

Anonymous said...

Its a bit strange but I have always thought that I should like to fly a douglas Dakota. The aircraft has a very attractive look to it, perhaps a bit like a dolphin! This may be a hang-over from reading "Teach yourself to fly" that Mr Turner (who lived next door) lent me once. Hope that all your ailments are improving.