Wednesday, October 04, 2006

WEA Class Nottingham - Nice Lunch

I know I've already shown you images of the Boat Basin which we pass en route to Lidl - but yesterday was a such a lovely morning with brilliant light, so maybe you won't mind two more.

In the second one I was particularly taken with the reflections of the clouds in the water.

Not sure if our WEA class was mentioned last week, but we are doing 'Holbein to Hockney' at The New Mechanics. Silly me! Couldn't have told you because I didn't have a computer in working order. Nice course. Comfortably sized group and a good tutor who does know his stuff and has plenty of slides. And is well-qualified! Such an interesting subject and we are learning lots.

The Great Northern Boat Basin is only a mile and a half away and we have to go over the canal-bridge to reach Lidl. And, if the light is appealing, I'm always tempted. Abit like Tram Shots and Flowers. But not as good as Skies.

Flitting about rather - but on the way to Nottingham we called in at Castle Marina, PCWorld and obtained the correct version of PhotoShop Elements and, pleasant surprise, the Pc version is almost £10 cheaper than the Mac version. As it's a birthday prezzie I suppose I shouldn't be bothered but I don't like people to spend more than they need to. Haven't installed it yet but I'm looking forward to a play.

We had a pleasant lunch in the restaurant at The New Mechanics and it may well become Our Place - until we find another one of course! Not gone off St Peter's Church Hall - but it is the other end of town.

Ta Ta for now................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thick and fast! (There must be a joke there somewhere, about a sportsman, but it’s the blogs I’m referring to).

I certainly prefer picture 2, I think because the colour in the first is so startling. Pity about the undistinguished buildings. Are there other accessible viewpoints that would eliminate them or lessen their impact?
Feel free to tell me to “Go away!” if you like.

I hope you get full value from Photoshop but please, please, don’t get too clever – by which I mean don’t abandon your principles and start boggering about too much with your photos.

Is the New Mechanics anywhere near the Old Mechanics (1980s – Writers Club)? Or is it the same place?
Just curiosity; it doesn’t really matter …