Monday, October 02, 2006

Rest Day - Not Quite

These 2 lads were having a great time at the ford. A sort of 'chicken game' of 'see if we get drenched'. Good to see that 'dares' live on. Seeing them there though, caused the few drivers who came along, to drive through slowly. People are basically so decent aren't they? Apart from that thoroughly unpleasant woman on The X Factor that is.

Today wasn't quite a day-off because I had to go to the Hospital for a 'minor-procedure' which I don't intend to dwell on. But it involved having antibiotics again because of the metal valves and things in my heart. So, my blood-level will no doubt go haywire again! As Ray says so expressively 'Ho Hum'

Before we went we finished off the Spagbol and I made a cottage pie ready for evening meal tomorrow. I'm meeting Bob in Mansfield at lunchtime and Y is meeting Joan in Nottingham. So I must remember to only have a sandwich at The Widow Frost. And then, in the evening, we have the October meeting of The National Trust. It just doesn't seem possible that it is winter-meetings time again. Always the first Tuesday in the month, which isn't too difficult to remember.

Y now has a variation on the 'senior moment'. It is entitled a 'craft' moment. Can't Remember A F****** Thing.

My basil seeds have germinated. I set 4 seeds and now have 7 plants - always the same with small seeds and fumbly fingers. Not to worry - they will all find good homes.

Steve worked out how to do the 'slide show on the telly, direct from the camera, with background music and transitions' but he hadn't known about the 'comments' system on the Blog.

More tomorrow ...................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to say that not everyone is so considerate as the drivers through your ford! Not at Rufford anyway – I have been overtaken in there by someone doing a good 40mph.

I have responded in gmail to your vindictive attack upon the well-liked and sympathetic Sharon Osbourne. I think you have misjudged her on inadequate evidence. She must be nice to have put up with Ozzie for all these years and be obviously still devoted to him.

Having, over lunch, been given rather more detail about your ‘minor procedure’ my eyes are still watering. On a list of things to be avoided at all costs …

It is now Wed am, so having had nothing more than your lunchtime salad sandwich and your cottage pie yesterday, I am sure you will have enjoyed a hearty breakfast.

I don’t really understand the concept of a ‘craft’ moment but I am well aware of the symptoms you describe (see gmailed excerpt from the Observer).

I need to get some more compost. My first basil sowing failed and it will soon be time to germinate the ‘clematis tangutica’.