Thursday, October 12, 2006

Misty Morning - Davids - Camera Club

A Rest Day I suppose - fairly busy, but I like that. I finally contacted Dexter at the Computer place and he talked me through my reclusive My Pictures folders. I was loading them from the data disc in a manner which made the computer think it was dealing with one enormous folder of pictures from my camera. They are sorted now anyway. Then I took Y to the Tram because it's a Burton Joyce day. Then David rang to see if I could help out with tranport to collect Brooke from School because Helen was abit 'under-the-weather' and David's still in a sling supporting his broken collar bone. Brave lad that he is though; he's been into School 3 days because he has an exam-due class and he feels responsible for them. It gave me great pleasure to able to help and I went over to Long Eaton and we played computers. We couldn't seem to be able to raise my Blog though, and kept getting a type 500 error (which I've heard tell of but don't understand).

Picture 1 is yet another misty morning over the football field. They really fascinate me because each one is unique. When you think about it every sky since the earth was formed has been subtly different. I suppose pedants would argue that in places like Arizona where clouds are abit rare, one day's sky looks much like another. But I don't live there do I? And Nottinghamshire skies differ muchly.

Picture 2 is David's USED Crash-hat from when he came off his bike. Isn't it a good job he was wearing it! If you look closely at the damage the embedded stone is clearly visible.

We duly collected Brooke and I dropped them off and picked up my lappy-bag and contents and then I braved the busy M1 more or less at rush-hour again. Well it seemed like rush hour. Just enought time for a quick Blog, collect Y from Phoenix Park tram terminus and then off to Eastwood Camera Club.

I rang Brian this morning (where do I find the time?) and he told me to take my lappy with me this evening and someone will show me how to turn a 'selection into a layer' and then open it to work on it. This function defeats me at the moment. But there is always someone who knows the answer to every question. The knack is being able to find that person. Thats is why I find WUforums such a help.

It was good of Jill to post such useful and interesting stuff about Hogarth and Chiswick which, even in Hogarth's time was described as one of the 'better areas' of London. Nice to have friends with good addresses! If the restaurant called Pug doesn't look an old enough building Jill, I'm sure it ain't. If you could send me a picture, our architectural correspondent would doubtless be willing to give a professional opinion. Going to stop there and have a bite..........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suppose I am the 'architectural correspondent' and I will be as helpful as I can be. But I do not regard myself as an historical buildings expert, being generally more interested in 20C structures than those of earlier date (apart from parts of selected mediaeval cathedrals, the pyramids of Egypt and Roman tombs in Libya).

For a good rant, see yesterday's comment.