Thursday, October 19, 2006

Clinics Fine - Still Mild - Sunny Afternoon

This is going to have to be the briefest Blog ever. When I was listing today's events yesterday I forgot Eastwood Camera Club this evening.

Anyway everything so far has passed off smoothly. My cardiovascular clinic this morning gave me the 'everything OK' tick; if only we could get this INR level sorted. I did all my shopping and then went over to Long Eaton.

I took David to the Fracture Clinic and that was fine too. Everything healing satisfactorily but they said he could still be finding things painful for some months. I felt it for him when he tried to raise his arm etc.; it was so obviously agonising to do. Physiotherapy is to be arranged for him and fortunately he can do it at the Long Eaton Health Centre and not at QMC. The parking was horrendous and people in the disabled badge-holders car-park were nearly coming to blows. "I'll have ten quid each way on the bloke with the zimmer-frame" I thought.

David's having a new bike for his birthday (see picture) and even though he isn't up to riding it yet he wanted to sit on it. Having sold his old one on e-bay for an excellent price, abit of additional birthday money should cover it!

Helen is much much better, which was good to see and after I delivered David home from the clinic I was able to have a pleasant time with the girls as they arrived from School. Stars and stickers have been awarded again. Brooke is proving a very good reader. She was showing me a soft-toy spider on a length of elastic and I said "It's a bungee-jumping spider, do you know what bungee-jumping is?". She immediately replied "Yes. It's sort of flexible ropes". I don't think the description could be bettered. Sky is not being stretched enough at School and she gets bored. She's miles in front and although there is special provision for backward children there doesn't seem much done for the gifted. I played 'Guess Who' with Brooke. It really is an excellent game and I don't know anyone who doesn't like it.

Catch you tomorrow.....................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MOUNTAIN BIKES, designed by enthusiasts, built for rough terrain, ridden in conservatories.