Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A trip to Newark

Bitterly cold start to the day again - minus 2C but with a wind and we had more snow. We were both up quite early. I had my shower before the heating came on at 6am -perhaps not a wise move! My - aren't we all getting 'nesh' in the 21st century? Even though Yvonne was a little later she said she had woken up feeling cold in bed.

I took the car in for its MOT around 8.10am and by 10.30am I had it back - passed ! The only comment was that by next service it will probably need 2 new front tyres. It is still on the orginal tyres from when we had it, so we can't grumble. It really is a good car and we've no wish to change it. For lunch we had sausage and mash with onion gravy (David's easy recipe) and we enjoyed it.

Tuesday is a Karen day so I had moved my 'lappy' and books out of the my bedroom so she didn't have to work round things. We shall miss her when we move because she is like the proverbial 'breath of fresh air'. Yvonne set her on when I was so ill. Yvonne's reasoning was that, if anthing happened to her, Karen would 'keep a eye on me' and do me abit of washing, shopping etc. But I'm fine now! We shall miss her when we move but we are planing to do more ourselves and perhaps ask Karen if she would like to come over for a day a month and bottom things.

In the afternoon we both felt a bit bored so decided on a trip to Newark. See castle above. Again, I googled for the picture but I can't mention the author of the photo because none was given, just a web reference 'geograph.co' Main purpose of the trip was a visit to Waitrose and it is a smashing shop. Such lovely stuff and not as expensive as you would expect. I obtained some extremely smelly Irish cheese and a Dickinson&Morris porkpie (tiny but destined for my tomorrow's breakfast. Yvonne bought some lady's things and some 'lady's things for the girls'.

We came home via the A52 and Gunthorpe Bridge for a change from our normal route and when we arrived we had clocked 61 miles and my leg really 'socked'. Never mind 'eh? It was worth it, to know I can still do things like that. Posted by Picasa

No comments: