Thursday, March 23, 2006

Beautiful morning - crisp and blue

At last! I've got my Great Northern Basin picture successfully published. It should have gone in yesterday but resisted all attempts. Everyone is still having problems uploading photographs and I dealt with it first thing this morning. The system favours the url method of uploading, apparently because the image is already being hosted elswhere, which is quicker than a straight download.

The Great Northern is a pub by the canal and the basin, at Langley Mill, Notts is just to the left of it. All you have to do to see this view is to park at the side of the road and peep over the bridge. We pass it a couple of times a week (either en route to Lidl or Aldi) and it is rather beautiful. All to often we ignore lovely views on our own doorsteps. If I was going to print it A4 I would get rid of the telephone wires I think. But as a blog illustration, its not worth the faff.

I didn't see the goldfinches this morning and when I went out to see to the 'feeders' and the water, I realised why. There wasn't a single ceonothus seed head left. They had polished off the lot. Good luck to them. Had a very nice day. Took Yvonne to the tram because it is Burton Joyce day and she is on granny-duty. I taxed the car and then Bob arrived for lunch. I served the Minestrone with rolls (which Bob had 2 bowls of and liked it) followed by a cheese-board.. Then we messed about on the laptop, trying to sort out what this default font is? On my blog - because this font I am writing in is a serif-font but the version published in my actual blog is a sans-serif. Still I am only a learner, and someone will know the answer.

When I got back with Yvonne she didn't seem too tired and anyway, it's rest-day tomorrow.

No comments: