Sunday, March 19, 2006

More Nature programmes


We watched Planet Earth last night, about Mountains, and I wanted to include this image of the European Alps. Obviously not a photograph of mine and it was taken by Michael Keelam, his identity is bottom left but too small to see on this version. I'm not breaching his copyright because you are invited on their website to use the images as 'desktop' or 'wallpaper' and there are some lovely screensavers too.

A super programme and David Attenborough can still cut the mustard.

Tonight we watched a nice little piece about a Hebridean Island in the spring followed immediately by Michael Portillo going back to his spanish roots . Both were very interesting and in the Portillo prog we saw a rare Lynx.

I had less trouble with blogging the picture today mainly because I didn't even try 'Blog This' but went straight to uploading it to Walagata, getting a URL and then using the Upload image procedure. Much easier ! Plus, placing it upper left and 'wrapping' the text was pretty straightforward. We live and learn.

No exciting food today - scampi, chips, mushy peas and lashings of tartare sauce is all. Followed by bread & butter pudding from Morrisons. Hardly any kitchen time at all. Not that I mind that - I really do love cooking, it's so relaxing. I was up very early but had an afternoon nap to catch up. It's good being retired. Nice google talks to Ray and had some smashing email exchanges with Bob who remains as witty as ever. He is very taken with my new Military Quotations dictionary from Telegraph books. I'm not at all interested in military history but there are quotes from people as diverse as Xenophon and Crazy Horse. All in all it spans 4,000 years. I'm ashamed to admit that I'm reading it in the loo which causes me to spend more time in there than I should. My Dad always said that it caused piles.

Nice chat with David and I'm pleased that they are all 4 in good health. They have got rid of their old sofas and bought new ones at auction, AND, outed a carpet and fitted a laminate floor! Quick work. I must ring John in the next couple of days and see how they are. I half-expected him to ring this morning but you never know what shift he is on.

No comments: