Monday, March 27, 2006

Daffodils - but stormy

Although this picture does show that we have finally got daffodils blooming it is also an experiment. It isn't a good picture - but it is supposed to look like a panorama. All it is, is the original image cropped and then stretched with the intention of it fitting across the top of the Blog like a banner. I cribbed the idea from Manxislander who used a much more exotic image i.e the Pier at Ramsey at sunset !

Anyway, back to Brinsley and stormy weather. Much warmer - it reached 13c by lunchtime but now, 7.30pm, it is stormy. Black storm clouds are racing across the sky and when I went over the lawn to check the bird-feeders it was squelch, squelch, squelch. It's not possible to do anything in the garden yet - the soil would just become compacted.

I went up into the loft this afternoon to put Yvonne's case away (after her sleep-over) because she doesn't like to go up because she has this horror of rodents. About 3 years ago we had mice up there. I know it sounds strange but they were making their way up the cavity-wall and breeding in our comfy boarded loft. We had to get a builder to block the vent which was their access point and then I polished them off with poison.

Today was going to be the day I uninstalled Norton and installed AVG. I could install AVG no problem but, like so many before me, I'm having a helluva job with uninstalling Norton. I won't 'bore the pants off' people by a blow-by-blow account. Ray has emailed me a clear list of how to do it and I'll try again tomorrow. I had fun in My Pictures and Picasa dealing with current pics and Y's mother's day flower arrangement. Moving things about in pictures and layers etc., don't meet with my approval but little improvements like cropping, colour-saturation etc. can add such a lot and I managed to produce a nice print for Y's journal (hard-copy, of course).

For those who don't know Picasa, it's a Google programme and like the search-engine has an 'I'm feeling lucky' button. It works wonders ! It reaches better improvement-decisions than most hobby manipulators. You can do such much with it - even straighten your pics if the verticals are dodgy, gmail pics direct from the programme. Yet another ace google freebie. I'd better stop there or Mr. Gates will owe me money !! Just exchanged messages with Ray and confirmed that the storm-clouds are heading due North. They should reach him in about an hour. If the scouts are not already there Ha Ha !

I sent John a Jacquie Lawrence ecard for tomorrow. No idea what shift he is on, but he will get it eventually.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Visit www.theclothing.net to buy Jackets & Wraps, Robes, Lingerie, Women Shoes, Shoulder Bags, Wedge Sandals, Marc Bouwer Glamit!, Jeggings, Messenger, Shrugs Ponchos, Libertas, Jackets & Wraps, Bottoms, Mini Skirts, Sherrihill, Short-sleeved Tees, BCBG Max Azria on sale designed by LnA Clothing, Divine Rights of Denim, Mary McCartney From Where I Stand Book, House of Harlow 1960 Sunglasses, Chick with Guns, Kill City, Rag & Bone/JEAN - always on sale!