Wednesday, March 15, 2006

This is by way of an experiment


This is by way of an experiment. I have installed ‘Blogger for Word’ and the appropriate ‘buttons’ have appeared at the top of the page. The idea is that you can prepare a page in Word, even if offline, and then blog it at your leisure. The picture is also an experiment. I shall be interested to see where it puts it, what size, and whether or not it is animated. Will it leave the font as is, or convert it to its default? We shall see !!

Earlier in the day I had downloaded ‘bubblesnaps’ which enables you to add speech-bubbles to pictures. I sent Steve one, and Tracy and they thought they were great fun. Steve sent me one back. I also sent examples to Bob and Ray. Ray can already do this sort of thing anyway, but ‘bubblesnaps’ seems so simple for we novices. Or should it be us novices. Bob thought it was not for him even though I thought they would be a good vehicle for his wit and humour.

My ankles were in a state again, rather like ‘moon-boots’ and Yvonne recommended a day in bed. And they certainly have gone down. As I told Ray – with a nice cup of coffee, my ‘lappy’ and my bedroom window open because of the warmer day – life doesn’t seem too bad. Yvonne has written Jill and given her my blog-address. She is a keen blogger, with her knitting interest. OK – here goes !

Well - Yes it 'published' OK but without the picture. That is worth remembering. It retained the font it was written in and I learnt that Comic Sans 14pt is a little too big. Other than that, fine, and a useful tool, I had to manually introduce the picture, but that also was a lesson learnt. Easy to follow from Edit toolbar.

No comments: