Thursday, March 16, 2006

Frosty mornings. Ungoogled

Bob said re the Newark trip that he thought what a good photo I'd taken. Then reading on he discovered it was one I'd googled. At least I didn't try to decieve.

This one is one of mine - honest. And I'm quite proud of it because I did EV compensation of +1 stop, to prevent the brightness of the sky causing the foreground to be underexposed. I'd been discussing this very topic with Bob, but of course, with image-manipulation now being so easy, it's hardly worth the 'faff'.

When I picked Yvonne up from Burton Joyce I saw Steven and he said he liked the 'blog' but - everyone seemed to be ill all the time !! Point taken. I'm going to go-on less about people's aches and pains. It's an old-persons' trait anyway and we must try to avoid those at all costs. It was good to be driving back in the daylight. Joan's Chris's idea that 'it gets lighter by 20 minutes a week' is a good adage and noticeably true.

A fellow WUforum member ' Manxislander', real name Pete, posted some very encouraging comments about my 'blog' in response to my post on the subject. But, compared to his, mine has still got very clean L plates on. He is, according to Ray, a lifeboat man among lots of other things and his blog is superb. The photographs are quite excellent and what he has to say is very interesting too.

Just getting back to Steve for a 'mo' he says that his NTL address won't allow him to email my gmail address. Ray said NTL does strange things like that. But NTL are my ISP too so it's odd that they block one of their own so to speak. 'Spose it could be gmail because both mine and Bob's have been playing up.

Final foodie comment - we had Minestrone soup again which I had made from my Marks & Spencer Soup book and it is a grand recipe. Orange & Red pepper, garlic. red onion, tin of borlotti beans, tin of chopped tomatoes, celery stick, shredded green cabbage, vermicelli, and a few ribbons of v.thin ham - supposed to be parma but who cares. And stock of course and fresh parsley which I have overwintering in a nearby tub. Also supposed to be garnished with grated Parmesan but Y and I both think it makes it smell of sick - so we leave that bit out. Plus of course some part-baked baguettes finished off in the oven.

I really would like to discover what this default font is so that when I do a page in Word to blog later I know what font to set - so the age matches. But no-one yet has identified it. Tomorrow I might go on the Blogger help forum - somebody there is bound to know. Posted by Picasa

No comments: