Sunday, March 12, 2006

Back to winter. But Siskins at the bird-feeders

Funny sort of day. Yesterday I thought Spring was coming but today it has been bitterly cold. Hardly got above freezing all day and it has snowed quite a lot. I keep taking disks of ice out of the bird-bath and putting fresh water in and the frozen disks are still on the soil where I've put them previously.

It was nice to see siskins at the feeders. I must rush to acknowledge that the author of the photograph is Richard Burkmar (2004) all I did was to 'google' for it. Re copyright. I did check and, at the bottom of his page, he says he has no objection to people using his images for non-commercial purposes. Such a cheerful picture. At first I didn't like the expanse of blue to the right but it's grown on me.

Had a nice chat to David this morning and, fortunately, both he and Brooke have recovered from their bouts of winter-vomiting bug. We discussed 'blogs' 'websites' and allied matter and I was trying to pick his brains about 'reading webpages offline'. He is going to email me some stuff. At Carphone Warehouse during the week I investigated using my mobile as a modem for my laptop when on holiday. Possible, but research tells me it would cost me 75p a minute while online. When I've used Wi-Fi hotspots the most I've paid is £4.50 an hour.

We are planning to see 'Syriana' at the cinema tomorrow. It is well reviewed and, of course Yvonne has a soft-spot for George Clooney. Still, I've got a soft-spot for Julia Roberts. Pity she's not in it ! Mind you the last film we saw her in was 'Closer' and that was appalling. Posted by Picasa

No comments: