Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Good trip to Bob's

Pretty awful day as far as weather goes. Temperature up to 8C but it rained almost all day, somewhere between heavy and drizzle.

Set off around 10.30am and went to Ollerton Netto, on my way to Bob's, and picked up some bargains i.e Carte Noir ground coffee at 99p a pack, a pack of 3 jars of Princes salmon pate for 67p and other bits and bobs.

Arrived Bob's just after noon and we went almost straight away to the new restaurant on the island. Called The Big Fish and obviously a franchise, with overtones of Little Chef and Crest Hotels. Anyway, the food was super. I had cod, Bob had hake, with all the trimmings and very reasonably priced. I would be delighted to go there again. Bob agreed to my idea of the little holiday at Holbeach, with him acting as back-up driver. We obviously thought it best to wait for better weather and maybe the bulbs to be further on and then we could enjoy Spalding as well as the more obvious places of KingsLynn, Hunstanton etc.... I will ring the Vaisey's to make a preliminary check.

Got home just before 4.30pm and Yvonne had thoroughly enjoyed her day of 'space' I know how she feels because I often have the house to myself on Thursdays and when she goes down to London. We know now that Beryl is in QMC but no news at all about Ray. Hello_There replied to my PM and Louise had already emailed her as Caroline; probably thinking that Hello_There was someone different. No matter, we are in touch which is what matters. Don't know if David and Brooke are still suffering - I'll ring tomorrow.

No comments: