Saturday, March 25, 2006

Much warmer - Planet Earth day



Wonderful ! Whatever the problem was, Google have fixed it. I uploaded the Piranhas by the 'Browse' rather than the 'URL' method and the photo uploaded straightaway, without any fuss.

This photo, from the Planet Earth website was taken by Peter Scoones and what a cracker! The camera-work throughout the series has been phenomenal. We watch the Saturday repeat because the time suits us better.

I think 'browse' is a better method, because, being in My Pictures rather than being hosted by Walagata ,there is less risk of my deleting it and losing it like I did yesterday. If I'd thought about it I would have realised that they only 'host' images for you, so you can get a URL and that once you delete them at their end the images vanish from whatever you've used them in.

Tracy was delayed due to Richard's head injury problem and having to go to QMC. Fortunately he was not admitted and she arrived just before 8pm. She had to have her meal reheated in the microwave. She was kind enough to pronounce it delicious but always says the right things! Then just after 9pm she took her mum back to Sherwood for a sleep-over prior to Mother's Day. Raining quite heavily by now and the day had started off so full of promise. 12C and blue sky. Still it is March only and we've got April showers to come. Many more bulbs open today. Yvonne is very good with bulbs and the different varieties of crocus have been a picture. Bob is coming with me to Holbeach after all, which will be great, and such a relief to have a co-driver. I sent him a 'link' to Elloe Lodge's website and I also researched wi-fi hotspots for use while we are there. One of the most attractive is the Springfield Shopping Village which is about 6 miles away. Yvonne and I know the place pretty well.

I took this photograph when we were there in June last year. We had gone on a Mansfield National Trust Coach Trip and it was one of the hottest days so far. 90+F and a very cramped coach, with Yvonne having a seat just over the engine - poor girl ! But we had a super day-out and really enjoyed it. They are a very nice group and we fully intend to remain active members of the Branch even after we've moved.

I had a smashing email from David this morning - Sky on the PC and on the internet upstairs, David downstairs on the laptop, Helen on the phone and a spare Wanadoo line going begging. If we can get Brooke on that they will all be ITing !

It's probably tempting providence but no computer problems today. Gmail working well for a start.

No comments: