Sunday, April 01, 2007

RAF Cosford and Daffodils - 13C but Windy

The last RAF Cosford shot - I promise! This is a Lincoln, a close sibling of the more famous Lancaster and both were very large aircraft. The people convey a good idea of scale. Less cluttered than other exhibits; I guess it would be difficult to cram much in close proximity.

And I know I have 'chuntered' about the crowding of the exhibits but I loved the day and wouldn't like my grumpiness to deter any potential visitors.

Let me thank people for their kind solicitations about my health and honestly I'm fine. Creaking gates and all that, Y always says. My ankles are more or less back to normal i.e. not good but not stareworthy while out. Sorry to hear Jill that you are a fellow sufferer. At least it's not like toothache; they aren't painful. NHS dentistry is in a right mess isn't it? We are fortunate and registered with a practice in Eastwood who assure us we can remain patients when we move. He has two patients who travel from Cornwall. Not much fun if you have a real humdinger.

Picture 2 is some of Y's daffs. She really is good with bulbs and these actually are this pale and delightful looking.

No jiggerypokery. Just set my lens to a very wide aperture which gave me a very limited depth of field, producing the background shown.

For lunch I did a crispy beef stir fry mainly because I had found Pak Choi in Long Eaton Tesco. They are a joy to cook because you just chuck 'em in at the end and as soon as they wilt the are done. The beef I have the butcher cut an extremely thin slice of rump which I then cut into little ribbons with a sharp pair of kitchen scissors. Toss them in seasoned cornflour, in the Wok first, don't over cook but they must be crisp and then throw the rest in. Dash of sesame-seed oil, oyster sauce and then soy to taste. Always a favourite.

Picture 3 is from the WebCam of the Queen Mary 2 which is on its way, slowly, to Florida. The picture is updated every 60 seconds but each day would be enough. This has been the scene for days; except when it's dark.

When I was in the sixth form and careers people came round I quite fancied the idea of the Merchant Navy. The recruitment officer asked if I realised that 7/10ths of the globe is covered in water and that is what one was looking at most of the time. Boring I thought and didn't pursue the idea. The time-zone difference is interesting. They are nearly a day ahead of us.

By the way Jill, the cow is supposed to be a sheep of the variety one is supposed to count to help you drop off to sleep. But, if people would prefer to count cows - I can't see anything fundamentally wrong with the concept. Prolly won't work anyway.

Tomatoes on toast for tea. A seriously slimming meal. Hope David and family are having a nice day and the traffic and weather aren't too bad. I seem to remember it's quite scary towing a caravan in windy conditions.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did consider it being a sheep, the sort you count, as you said, but the head is wrong....on closer inspection it actually looks more like a dog.....

Anonymous said...

We used to get that picture from the web-cam of the QMary on our cabin tv - now that really did put me to sleep.....

Anonymous said...

You say, "They are nearly a day ahead of us."
Who are?

I said it looked like a dog. Probably a sheepdog?

"Tomatoes on toast" is NOT slimming.
NOT eating toamtoes on toast (or anything else except cucumber) is slimming!
Tomatoes NOT on toast must come close though.

Anonymous said...

Anon 1 - I'm assuming the people on board the Queen Mary 2 are the ones who are nearly a day ahead of us...

Your jumping sheep looks like a cartoon cow to me and my children love it, along with your cooking smilie, more please - where do you get them from?

Anonymous said...

Anon 1 - again - Just looked at the webcam and the QM2 has docked now.