Thursday, April 05, 2007

Lovely Day - 16C - Blossoms everywhere



The above are three separate pictures not a botched panorama. So, if you want to scrutinise them more closely please remember to click each in turn. They are from the Simon Kent exhibition at Rufford which I mentioned briefly yesterday.

Although Picture 1 is a close-up, it is a powerful piece. Picture 2 is a little 'Elizabeth Frink-ish' but still good. And Picture 3 is delightful and in my opinion very humorous. Whether the Sculptor created the female figure specially to peep round the corner and out of the open gates, or whether he just had the brilliant idea when mounting the exhibition. If anyone meets him please ask him for me. I like to know these things.

The QM2 webcam pictures have been more interesting. They have obviously arrived at Bonair please click which we didn't expect till the 10th. I owe Bungus an apology. It was he who sorted out my time-zone/date howler and didn't receive any brownie points for it. So a belated 'Ta'. This isn't in any way to diminish Anon1's stirling QM2 efforts or sandwich advice.

It will be quite a relief when the ship has properly docked; we've all seen it happen, and the Moon stops being 'gibbous' and becomes something more exciting. Then I can redesign my Homepage. That wretched Blake quote has been there for what seems like days and it's supposed to be a new literary quote each day. I sense an attack of grumpiness so I'll stop. My first effort at that resulted in a typo -'grumpoins' - which I quite liked. An amalgam of 'grandpa' 'crampons' and 'irons' and I think I've got a touch of all three.

Camera Club tonight, after I've collected Y from the tram. She has been doing her Thursday 'grannying' at Burton Joyce. The Club meeting is as I think I mentioned, an informal get together, so we can chat about our Rufford jaunt and discuss our toys!

Aren't the lighter evenings a joy?

Lovely Sun. Catch you all tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think the pics of the sculptures are brill especially the last one of the lady looking through the gate. I'm sure he meant it that way if not what a stroke of genius. Graham I need your help on a couple of things....Took yours and Bungus' advice and had a go at Picasa without a great deal of success I'm afraid so I need pointing in the right direction. if you look at the post on my site for 3rd April you know what I'm on about. Also as you are into poetry wonder if you have any idea as to where the verse that I've put on my site today is from and by who? A lot to ask i know but I'm sure you can do it....Thanks

Anonymous said...

Anon 1 - Just a quickie, maybe more later - QM2 leaves New York on 10th April but she's still got to get there yet! I didn't manage to find out when she was getting to Bonaire and I don't know when she leaves there or arrives in New York.

Hope Bungus isn't feeling too sidelined today, I don't want to step on anyone's toes!

Anonymous said...

How incredibly hot today, esp in the car. More like July than March.

I like the first pic of the three very much (as you say, powerful) and only slightly less the second, although it looks easy to do to me. Although I appreciate the wit, the third one does not impress me as a piece of carving – chacun a son gout. Or perhaps I shall like it better viewed live?

I could quite understand how the QM2 caption had been misread and I am suitably mollified by the bit of grovel from RadioG.
I now feel less of ‘a voice crying in the wilderness’. I was beginning to think that everyone else believes that the sun rises in the West! Sandra once drew my attention to a wonderful sunset in the East that turned out (on reflection?) to be the lights of Peterborough.
Don’t worry Anon 1, my toes are OK and your online ‘diddums’ is much appreciated.
And yes, I concur that, having once become accustomed to wholemeal, most white bread seems pretty tasteless (although still better for bacon butties).

Ref your (RadioG's)‘grumpoins’. I have always been ‘Gran’Bob’ to my English grandchildren but it occurred to me today that ‘Grumps’ or ‘Grumpy’ would be appropriate alternatives..

Anonymous said...

Anon 1 - If anyone's reading this, go look at the QM2 webcam, looks like she'll be docking sooner or later in Grenada...