Thursday, February 22, 2007

'Orrible Wet Day - BJ - EPS

These are my pictures for tonight. You may have seen the 'Bromley House Spiral Staircase' before but I think this 'Full Moon in December' is a first showing.

I was going to spend some time today cutting bevel mounts just so. But I nipped into Brian's shop to discuss which he preferred out of a selection of pictures. And, bless him, he cut my boards and bevels while we stood chatting.

He liked the completely monochrome version best and I bow to his competition experience. Sorry Bungus! Who preferred a tinted version.

And Brian also chose this slightly orangey version of the staircase. Y didn't care for this one, liking a more muted print of it better. But Brian's view is that the 'high key' quality makes it stand out. We shall see !

I had to 'photoshop' the rather funereal black border onto the picture to prevent the white side of the stairs, top right corner, escaping into the mounting board.

Y was duly dropped at the tram en route to Burton Joyce and she will have a lovely day because the children are still on holiday. I'm afraid the park won't be an option though. The weather here is appalling and no doubt will be there too.

One of my today jobs has been rubbing down and neutralising an area of interior window sill on which we spilled some liquid from one of those air-fresheners that you plug into a socket. Be warned it acts like paint-stripper! And powerful paint-stripper at that. I thought at first sandpapering down the blistered bits would do it, but no such luck. It has inveigled its way underneath a more extensive area. Anyway I've done it but the 10 minute job took an hour.

No cookery today, good or bad. I've had snacks (no hardship!) and Y has some 'Pasta lax & sparris' to look forward to when she arrives home. Lidl haven't bothered to translate but the box looks fun -asparagus tips, carrot and whole lot more. They are usually fine and she does like frequent veggie meals.

I'm going to stop there and sort myself out for this evening. I've got a disc to take to Helen, copies of the AP article for people who are too mean to buy the magazine, my laptop, my prints for tonight and some prints for an upcoming exhibition. Oh - and my binoculars because from where I sit I've no chance of a good look at an A4 print on an easel 15feet away. I am beginning to resemble a packhorse, I realise that !!

...Now hear this you Judges..........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You’ve obviously had a sort of busy day one way and another. Not much time for emails and that (not a criticism, just an observation!).
I have spent all afternoon watching a father and son commencing the removal of a hedge in the rain, which had its amusing moments and made the foul horrible day worth while (not that I feel vindictive). As I had already set up my camera on the tripod to take a picture of a tray of stuff on the window ledge, I was also able to take progressive record photos of their activities at regular intervals.
Who knows what tomorrow might bring?

I think all your full moon photos were monochrome (Night of the Hunter with Robert Mitchum); it’s just that some were blue or green instead of b&w, or grey, or sepia. One of the girls in that Art Programme I participated in (I sat next to her in the first half-hour pencil/charcoal self-portrait round and thought she may have been just a BIT lucky to go further) in fact got right to the final and did All her portraits in monochrome (one blue, one red ??).
I thought it was a bit of a toss-up which moon I preferred but seem to remember that I favoured the blue? If the judges say, “It’s a pity it wasn’t blue,” you may wish you had followed my advice. All a matter of opinion, my owd (I think!).
I also preferred one of the less in-your-face versions a of the staircase; so none out of two to Bungus! I actually liked the crocuses better, anyway, but thought they might be too ‘common’ to win a prize.

I think air fresheners are probably major pollutants. I hope you washed your hands well?
If you can’t do the job with vinegar and bicarb, best not bother!

All I’ve had to eat so far today (now 6.00 o’clock) is four slices of toast (from a SMALL wholemeal loaf) with tuna pate, which was very nice (otherwise I would only have had two slices) and a satsuma.
I shall probably have a cheddar and chutney cob (or two) for my tea, possibly with a bag of crisps. And possibly another Satsuma.

I have no doubt they will see you coming tonight and have the requisite number of chairs and tables ready.
Have you ever seen Brecht’s Mother Courage? A bit like you in drag, I‘d say!.