Monday, January 08, 2007

Y returns - Weather atrocious - Bull on the line

Another Brinsley sunrise and I thought I would build on the success Ha Ha! of my Power Station Panorama, and do another panorama. It isn't a pain, and it is like being equipped with a very wide-angle lens, without the distortion they produce.

Went for my blood-test and it was a debacle. It was a new phlebotomist and she tried 5 times to draw blood and failed. I suppose she has to learn and she wasn't doing it on purpose. In the end she had to fetch Helen (who has now reached the dizzy heights of Nurse Practitioner and wears civvies). It took Helen just 20 seconds to get a phial full! I'll need to wear a long-sleeved shirt for a day or two until the bruising fades. I await the inevitable call from the clinic to find out if it's stable or not.

Picture 2 is the same power-station as yesterday, but shot from Eastwood with the benefit of my 70-300mm Tamron at full tilt. I think it is only the little bit on the sky-line behind the tree at extreme right. The tall chimney I suspect, is closer. You wouldn't believe it is 14miles away though.

I then went to Aldi because, from their e-mail, they have some odour-fixing candles, at 99p rather Lakeland's £3 plus. I just picked 4 pretty coloured ones, not realising till I got home that they are colour-coded. By sheer luck I had brought one for cooking smells and one for what they coyly call bathroom smells. I have an anti-nicotine, and an anti-dog spare . As no-one in the family either smokes or keep dogs I thought I was stuck with them. But Bungus has stepped into the breach and will take both.

Y returned to Phoenix Park spot on the suggested time. This was surprising because there had been a major hold up on the main line. I've heard of snow & ice, and leaves on the rails but this was a 'Bull on the Line'. ounds like a Johnny Cash record doesn't it?

It is nice to have her home. I'm cooking sausage & mash wth brussells, leeks and carrots - one of her favourites. And as another nice surprise Janice (the village tote-lady) arrived to tell us we had won - yet again! £3.25. It is almost becoming embarassing because we have only just had our £5 each Xmas vouchers.

.....Time to start the meal. Catch you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fourteen miles hey? I shall have to take you up onto Laxton Common on a clear day to take a photo of Lincoln Cathedral (c 20 m).

If I had thought about it I would have asked you to get the fag and dog candles for me anyway. One man’s fish is another man’s mutton, hey?

‘Bull on the line’ made an interesting DAIRY entry. But what is there to BEEF about? Of course, I know you can’t STEER a train so it must have been HEIFER so worrying. Johnny Cash or Patsy KINE? Or am I talking a load of BULLOCKS? CHAROLAIS down and have a rest? (Perhaps I had better keep my GUERNSEY on because it might be a FRIESIAN tonight).