Tuesday, January 09, 2007

National Trust Committee Meeting - Morrisons

This erysium - bowles mauve
has had flowers on for almost a full year.

I'm not sure now whether it is 'early' or 'late' but, brave thing that it is, as you can see it looks fit and well and there are flowerbuds waiting to open.

Even that hard hoar frost, as you can see, failed to disturb its 'cool'. If you think some flowers are missing in the picture on the left, they aren't, it's just a different bush. The one on the right showed the frost better.

Picture 3 appealed because I was taken with the stripes. All were from different sources. The document box was Ikea, the book-chair was Lakeland, and the mug, was Aldi's mug department. It always reminds me of the picture one gets when one decides to 'defragment' a hard disc.

This morning was Mansfield Nat. Trust Committee meeting at Connie's. Although I wasn't involved - I sat and read in another room, I could hear peals of laughter so I knew it was going well.

The weather was atrocious again. Extremely windy, with driving rain, and unseasonally mild at 13/14c all over the country. What a state we are in. I know you can't blame the government for the weather but I can't remember a time when we have been so badly governed. So many things are in such a mess ! The latest today is that people have been convicted of Murders, Rapes, and Paedophile offences abroad. The countries concerned have sent the appropriate files and no-one at the Home Office has done anything about them. Not placed them on sex-offenders registers and things and the Home Office minister admitted that she had no idea if they were working in Schools, where they were living et al. She said there would be an 'enquiry' which she couldn't prejudge ! The only thing you can be certain of is that no-one will resign. Ho hum.

Anyway, I should be keeping a low profile because I made a right pig's ear of parking at Connie's. I tried to back into a space so as to leave Peter room to park next to me. Result was I was so close to the edge of the garden Y couldn't get out and I had to drive forward again. I then succeeded in occupying two spaces instead of one.

When we left we decided to do our shopping at Mansfield Morrisons. Much nicer then the Eastwood version and we decided to have lunch there. Good decision because it was lovely - and such a big shop.

On a lighter but no less serious note now. Can anyone, perhaps our ergonomics correspondent, explain the following. You are wearing heavy shoes and sit down so your body weight is supported by the chair. Your feet are supported by the floor. Why then do your shoes still feel heavy?.........

See you tomorrow.............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Apparently the temperature last night was the highest ever recorded here in January.
I suspect there was some wind chill though.

Think positive; your parking may have been less than perfect but at least you didn’t hit anything.

I’m pleased you enjoyed lunch at Morrison’s Mansfield restaurant. It must be better than Newark’s; the last time we had their famous fish and chips it was, being kind, very mediocre. Nothing like such good quality or value as Wetherspoons for instance.

I saw the following somewhere recently. You may not necessarily agree with it but you can see where it is coming from.
“Rolf Harris is a difficult man to hate but that is no reason not to try.”