Saturday, January 06, 2007

"Busy doin' nuthin" - experiments

Just the one picture today, an interior panorama. For filing purposes I've labelled it 'Kitchen-Pan'. I had wondered about such a project and it is possible, although not easy. It was difficult to get the exposures to match because the Panorama programme rejected several efforts saying it couldn't find 'matching features' in the shots I wanted to stitch. Ha! the advantages of the 'delete' button in digital cameras. But there we are, the kitchen 'as is'. Had Y been at home I would have had to tidy up and clear the sink of dirty pots first. But I am a creature of impulse.

While supermarket shopping this morning there was this grumpy old man (about my age !) behind me at the checkout and being rude to his sweet and gentle wife. He made no effort to help her move things from the trolley to the conveyor belt and offered nothing but sarcasm. He finally stumped off, past me, with the words "I'm going to get a paper". After I had paid and was loading my bags, he came back, with The Sun. Should I attach any significance to this?

Nice text from Tracy checking on my welfare. So thoughtful she is. Also, a pleasant 'welcome letter' from the Regional Organiser of the RPS together with their recent newsletters. And exchanged lovely phone calls with Y who is having a great time grannying.

Last night I slept really well - 10pm-ish to 6.40am. And I've had a nap this afternoon. I know from experience that you can't store sleep, but a couple of bad nights now won't concern me. Ankles still swollen and I start my blood-testing saga again on Monday. My INR level will be interesting! Just so long as I don't have to be admitted again.

.....Do you ever feel locked into things?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are at it again, you wild, wild man, you Tarzan you, you creature of impulse, you latter day buccaneer. What a dashing photo of a kitchen with a sink full of pots.
Just ignore anyone who utters the words, "Pity nothing better to do!" Real artists must ignore philistines.

I cannot be sure. I think I know a grumpy old man who does not read The Sun. No, do not jump to conclusions.

I slept well last night too; about 01.30 until 09.45. I was actually out with the dog just after 11.00.